What tests you the most . . .

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Just put out a Indian take away for hubby to be and our son, tests my will power ever week.

I would never cave in but the smell of the curry hmmmmmmmmmm.

The other thing which tests me is making toast or toasties for my son.

In a weird way I kind of like the test to know I'm staying strong :)

So everyone what tests you and how do you stay strong ? x

I'm on LT mixing it with S&S this week...

For me it's toast! I've banned curry from the house while I am on TFR.

Hot cross buns were hard yesterday too.

It's just me and my mother at home and bless her she has been trying her hardest just eating sandwiches and plain food, so there's nothing she has that test's me but I would really love a roast! :O x

I made my mum a bacon roll (cheese topped) OMG I had to go out of the house.

Bacon roll for me too.

x

toast is an odd one for me as i was never really bothered by it before but my father had it the other day and it smelled lovely and the butter looked yummy! it must be affecting me because its one of the really bad carbs, totally out of bounds!

It's only my 1st day but my family had tea a mcDs and although I am not a great fan the smell nearly killed me ! I had to leave the house and walk the dogs mind u 2 birds with one stone I suppose I got exercise and avoided temptation x

BREAD!!! At work we get our delivery from the baker every 2 days and i actually have a good sniff of it LOL but toast in paticular when the butter is on all melted mmmmmmmmm its the one smell that does make me go aaaaaarrrrrrgggggg ha ha ha

I have a feeling it will be hot cross buns on Friday...I love them :(

OMG yesterday we had a sponsored lunch at work- loads of FREE sandwiches, crisps (Sensations!), flapjacks, choccy biscuits, fruit and fruit juices. I'm on 810 and there wasn't a SINGLE thing I could eat. I was dying to eat it all (the old me would have done!!). In the end I was so desperate I got a chicken sandwich and ate the chicken out of the bread and binned the rest! Not sure what work colleagues thought!!

So glad I didn't cave to the carbs. I think if I'd had one sensation I would have eaten the whole (giant) bag- which is scary! That was the hardest yet for a while!! X

OMG yesterday we had a sponsored lunch at work- loads of FREE sandwiches, crisps (Sensations!), flapjacks, choccy biscuits, fruit and fruit juices. I'm on 810 and there wasn't a SINGLE thing I could eat. I was dying to eat it all (the old me would have done!!). In the end I was so desperate I got a chicken sandwich and ate the chicken out of the bread and binned the rest! Not sure what work colleagues thought!!

So glad I didn't cave to the carbs. I think if I'd had one sensation I would have eaten the whole (giant) bag- which is scary! That was the hardest yet for a while!! X

aw bless you! well done for not caving, at least you took the chicken out of the bread! it's so hard when there's food at work, our buffets are always lovely here and the biscuits are amazing! i'm glad i'm following SS though as food is completely out of the equation for me, buffets are a big weakness as i'm a picker so i dont even look at them in meetings anymore! x

aw bless you! well done for not caving, at least you took the chicken out of the bread! it's so hard when there's food at work, our buffets are always lovely here and the biscuits are amazing! i'm glad i'm following SS though as food is completely out of the equation for me, buffets are a big weakness as i'm a picker so i dont even look at them in meetings anymore! x

I work on trains and often have to cook or prep the 1st class food and complimentary snacks, I used to be a nibbler but I do just switch off to it now and lots of it just turns my stomach as being on Cambridge has made me realise I just don't NEED it. I have always ate because I wanted something not because I needed it or because I was hungry. Little pickers wear big knickers is my motto whilst in the kitchen at home and at work x

Love that Angel...
Little pickers wear big knickers! I'm going to stick it up in the kitchen :)
X

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha ha i love that too =D I know what ja mean i work with food everyday too and since doing CD i realised just how much i was picking food basically all day long no wonder i weighed 20 stone i wasnt hungry eaither just done it for the sake of it geeze i feel sick now when i think of how badly i ate and i will never go back to being like that.

I bake loads of cakes and cook for my OH none of that tests me but the BBQs the family have had the last few weekends my god, strange thing I'm craving is a crispy BBQ burger and the sausages too. I love a burger with jalepenos yummy but looking forward to more going shopping trying on a size 14 and it being too big :)

lumpyandbumpy said:

Haha yes it was a proper wrestle of my convictions not to take a bite of bread- and you know what, I didn't even want it. It does make you realise how little of prepared food is carb free (let alone fat free) and no wonder it's so hard to eat healthily!! Hmmm really shouldn't blame the food industry for my overeating! Plus at least there was fruit (for when I'm on 1000 if I ever get there!!). X

Well my mum went shopping and got tiger bread (my favourite) and cheese, I used to be a mad cheese person, and now I miss not being able to have it - it kills me to look at it :(

Ummm....,unsalted president butter in a soft roll with some nice ham... Or it would be salt n' pepper king prawns from the chinese shop. But then again, getting slim and healthy helps me to ignore those cravings & stay strong. Plus if i do Ss+ i have (plain) king prawns to keep me happy ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

carleen1 said:
Ummm....,unsalted president butter in a soft roll with some nice ham... Or it would be salt n' pepper king prawns from the chinese shop. But then again, getting slim and healthy helps me to ignore those cravings & stay strong. Plus if i do Ss+ i have (plain) king prawns to keep me happy ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

Carleen king prawns with chilli powder sprinkled on is delicious. I had this with green beans last night mmm mmm

Back