What the heck happened...so upset!!!

MrsSlimToBeSample

Just a quick post for now as on my phone so can't type to much & appologies for any spelling errors!

So I went to class and I PUT ON 3.5lb:eek: I am devistated in ONE WEEK when I was so good all week apart from the Friday night out blip but I didn't think it would have a +3.5 effect, I actually thought I might of lost 2lb this week (then in my head thought it may of been 3 if it wasn't for Friday night!) but this is devistating it really is. I put the same on over Xmas over a 2 wk period and I was stuffing my face & not doing the diet at all. To top it off I came home carried my little one up to bed and did something to my back, I'm in pure agony and can barley move I had to call dh to help me!! I've cried for half hour solid partly cause of the pain (it's sore really sore) bit I think mainly it's cause of the gain!

Do you think that a body can have an adverse reaction to carbs not an intollerance just that it doesn't process carbs a well or as fast as protien?? I used to do red & loose but this stint since I joined Its been green or ee & I'm now 1/2lb more than when I started 10 weeks ago!!! I'm doing a full Red week this week to test my theory.

It is also * week but I didn't think that would
make a massive difference either

Thanks for Reading :(

It'll be *week.
I can add up to 5lb that week, mind you I'm always constipated then so that doesn't help.
Keep up the good work this week and I'm sure you'll see a difference x

Star week can definately affect your losses. Also check and make sure you are having enough water and going to the toilet properly as this can also affect your weight loss. I'm sure that next week you will see a loss so don't get disheartened. Hope your back recovers too!!!

chin up mate, i never have a green or ee day for exactly that reason. i hardly ever lose when i do them and always feel bloated. even tho i only do red days i have lots of fruit veg and meat and feel great and have my 2 wholemeal slices of bread so i am getting a small amount of carbs. don't lose heart. i'm sure you have a big turn around next week!

I too was told you can retain upto 5lb on * week - please keep your chin up and stay focused (hug)

When I had star weeks (too old now !!!) I regularly put on half a stone for about 3 -4 days due to fluid retention. Some people retain more fluid with carbohydrates such as white pasta and white rice x

I can't do red or ee either. It probably is just due to your * week I'm pretty sure carbs aren't for everyone.

Sorry about your back, I know how you feel. Mine has always been a bit dodge but since having my second child it's been really bad. Codeine is my only friend sometimes (try it if you haven't)
hope you feel better soon!

I put on 3lbs last week when I had stuck to plan 100% and was gutted. I spent all week in a mope and was dreading weigh in this morning but found that I'd lost 5.5lb!!!! This more than made up for the gain the week before. This could be the case for you too so please don't be disheartened...you wait - I bet next week you'll have a good loss!!

thank you all so much for all your wonderfull replies.

I woke up feeling deflated and crappy (and still with a very sore back) but reading this thread has given me a bit of confidence back in thinking it must be because it is * week.

Thanks to those few who also said they can't do green either with the carbs, I wonder if it does just make me retain more water..its all very confusing :eek:

Well im going to give this week a full red week (although will be difficult at the weekend as I am on nights) a go and see how I go next monday & take it from there.

Thank you again for all your very kind words of encouragment & support they really are a great help :hug99::hug99::hug99:

I can also gain up to 5lbs in my *week. Try not to feel disheartened you will probably lose that and more next week.

Hun, you really arent alone as you can see from the other posts :(
I have been known to gain anything up to 7lbs when its my * week, but loose it all and some after, so all is not lost!
I dont get on well with Carbs either, so I tend to have either 1 Green Day, or 1 EE day a week and the rest are Red.

Hun, you really arent alone as you can see from the other posts :(
I have been known to gain anything up to 7lbs when its my * week, but loose it all and some after, so all is not lost!
I dont get on well with Carbs either, so I tend to have either 1 Green Day, or 1 EE day a week and the rest are Red.

WOW 7lb!! Well I hope I loost about 6lb this week then haha, fingers crossed.

Glad there are others that don't get on with carbs either then, it makes it seem more like its not just me making excuses for it if you know what I mean!

Well it certainly does feel like Im not alone. I think Ill do what you do and have just one Green or EE a week (maybe mid week just to break the cycle of all reds and risking going off plan!) it probably doesnt help I did EE ALL WEEK for the first week after the previous 2 weeks (where I lost 2lb then STS) & my consultant said when you do EE you HAVE to do it for a FULL week and not mix it with red & gree & thats why I may have STS :mad::mad:Im gonna tell him when I next week he is wrong!

Hi MrsSlim.
I don't have star weeks any more but as far as the plan goes i too cant do EE or all Green.I do all red with one green day every two weeks just to give me my pasta fix!!!.
You will loose this week i am sure.
Hang on in there and hope your back gets better soon
xx

Hi MrsSlim.
I don't have star weeks any more but as far as the plan goes i too cant do EE or all Green.I do all red with one green day every two weeks just to give me my pasta fix!!!.
You will loose this week i am sure.
Hang on in there and hope your back gets better soon
xx

The amount of people who cant do green or EE...wow,I cant rem who is was (it was either Consultant or somethin I read on here) who said unles you have an actuall tollerance to carbs it shouldnt make a difference, well I dont have an intollerance so I figured I was kinda making it up as an excuse, but it seems it is the case and it can cause slower losses for people!

Im deffo taking the leed of all reds with the very very occassional green to keep the pasta cravings at bay.

Thanks hun

The first time I did SW, back 15 years, before kids, in my mid 20s, I regularly came back in tears ahving lost no weight, but stuck to the plan. After a lot of monitoring I worked out it was green days that slowed, or stopped losses. Previous to that I couldn't work out why I didn't lose weight on WW. It must have been same reason. I thought nthing of cereal for brekkie, sandwich, or baked spud for lunch, and pasta for tea. It all sounds so healthy and well within points. oe whatever reason, I just can't do carbs. The funnt thing is, when my Mum was going low fat in the 60s, y Gran always used to alugh at her and tell ehr it wasn't fat that made you fat, but starch!! I think she really was old and wise. Knew more than us wihtout the need for extensive books and internet access.

Lynda

Hello,

I joined sw 1 week before my totm and was absoloutly gutted that I had sts when i went back the next week, especially after my friend lost 4lbs in her first week! The next week though I lost 4lb even after being a little naughty! I can't resist chocolate digestives when its my totm. Strange as i never eat them any other weeks! :) Chin up hun, next week you will lose lots!

Its my totm now so i am dreading WI tomorrow! I am going to test my theory though and see if i put on this week and have a 100% week next week how much will come off!

Hope your back is feeling better! I know how you feel, my back went as i got out of the car last year, I tell you I was a sight for sore eyes walking aroung PC world like the hunchback of notre dame, whilst my face being bright red from the pain! hehe

Was right as rain a few days later though!

Well ladies I just wanted to update you all on this weeks weigh in since you were all so kind to respond to my OP.

It looks like you were all correct & Im glad I stayed ON the wagon this week as I lost an Impressive 6.5lb. I mean OK technically its really 3lb if you take of the 3.5lb * week gain but non the less Im SOOOO pleased.

Its deffinatley given my the boost I needed as if I would of STS or Gained this week I think the give up mentality would of kicked in.

thanks for the support ladies ;);)

Back