What the heck is up with me?!

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
Second post Xmas weigh in tonight and I lost 3lb, making 8lb in total over Xmas/New Year because I was totally abstinent.

I have no idea why, but feeling really fed up! Probably the first time since starting that I'm feeling bleurgh!

I'm not sure if it has something to do with me focussing on the end of Foundation and moving to Development or what, as I am having a bit of a mental block about that for some reason, but I still have a way to go to get to lower than my goal for safety's sake going in to RTM. It's also my birthday on 17 Feb, and I thought that I would be done when first started this (how I don't know as I have about 5.5 stone to lose!).

Anyway, I hope I don't put a downer on all the new starters, but it's really unusual for me to feel this fed up!

Poppysparkle,

Stick with it as I hit a wall too!!! I did not lapse but I found the idea of moving into a new group incredibly unsettling!! You will get days and sometimes longer when you feel this way but try and focus on the rewards :) You really can do this and you have achieved so much already. Sending you lots of hugs and I hope you feel better soon

Hey Poppy - you sound JUST like me - I felt the same way you are feeling, at about the same stage. I am guessing it might be something like this: You only have 33 pounds to go - your more then halfway - you're feeling better, getting strokes, etc., and you had a preset (incorrect) finish date (I did too) - and it's all just sort of hitting you now, that you are not done?

If so, thats what I did. I started in January and had June stuck in my head as my finish date. I knew if I did the math I would see clearly I was way off - but its all I could manage to face - was doing the diet till June. 6 months. Even though, in my heart of hearts I knew it would be 9 or 10 - but it was a protective thing for me - made it possible for me to believe I might stand a chance of completing the diet.

Then, when realty said, "hello BL! Guess what!!??" It was a rather bitter pill to swalow.

Don't worry - going into a new group is just a new peice of this puzzle - its new and a change - but its all part of the plan, and it will be OK. It takes a couple meetings to gel - but they merge and gel very well usually. And that puts you one step closer to the end.

Hang in there hon - you are doing great, and the time will go fast, and next year will be a fantastic birthday too. Just like this one will be. :)

Aw Poppy, hope your spirits lift again soon.

We all have hard days, and they are made harder by how good we normally feel. Just try and remember how good you've felt so far, how well you've done on LL, and how great it will be when you get to the end of the program soon.

As BL said, you are well over halfway now (almost two-thirds done!) and like you said, you were not able to finish in the time you thought you would.

My advice in this respect would be, don't set yourself a new "end date", just leave it as "I've got X left to lose, and it takes as long as it takes", it's what I do, and it makes things easier as you have no timeframe goal to be dissapointed by.

x

My advice in this respect would be, don't set yourself a new "end date", just leave it as "I've got X left to lose, and it takes as long as it takes", it's what I do, and it makes things easier as you have no timeframe goal to be dissapointed by.

x

Spot on there. :)

Aww, thanks all!! Each and every one of you has helped me refocus a bit more! I feel a bit over this and so ready to eat something, but I'm not going to!! I WILL NOT stop until I'm at or lower than my goal I promise myself that!

BL - I absolutely think you are right about having told myself that I would be finished - I told my husband that I was going to do 100 days abstinence at £66 per week, and I honestly didn't even think about after, especially the RTM, etc. The cost isn't too much of an issue to be honest, as I have done a fair amount of overtime which is covering it so far. I do think it's definitely that I want to be finished and now!

I know I should be feeling really proud of what I achieved over Xmas, and maybe the following has something to do with it. Our fill in LLC wasn't there tonight, as our previous one who has been off sick as she was going through a difficult time personally was due to come back this evening. However, she's had a very bad cold so couldn't do the class after all, so the girl who usually weighs us took the class. There were four of us there and we just basically sat and discussed Xmas and New Year. Everyone in my group ate over Xmas, and New Year for most of them too, and I sat and listened to what they'd eaten and drank or not, and what they had managed to avoid. I'm not sure that this is what made me really fed up or not, as I'm normally able to sit and listen to people discussing food. However, the stand in, stand in (!!) LLC said that they would be well set for RTM because they had eaten and stayed in control (whereas if you don't lapse at all it can make things more difficult at RTM time!)

There was also a problem with our foodpacks, something to do with the main warehouse that distributes to the counsellors having made a big mistake, so no foodpacks apart from strawberry or soup. That p'ed me off too and I have to go back tomorrow to hopefully pick up my order. This shouldn't bother me, but we've had a lot of problems because of the counsellor issues and there not being the orders that we've asked for. I think it's not too much to ask that when we can only have four foodpacks a day, there really shouldn't be issues getting the ones we want!! (I went all child ego state I think and said if I had to eat soup all week I was having food instead - jeez, what a baby!).

Sorry to waffle on! BL, our group has merged into about three groups, and I don't really mind, however, there is one girl there from this merger that tends to drive me a little mad to be honest, but I'm really trying to be tolerant!

Our usual LLC should be back within the next week or so, and I do like her, but I was really getting a lot from our stand in one, whereas I hadn't been getting much at all from our previous one, but this might just have been because she wasn't giving us her attention really because she was having lots of issues and was a bit burnt out.

I think it's a mix of all these things really. We just did about the change curve briefly and maybe it's something to do with this, but we're going to go into it in more detail next week.

So sorry to moan on and thanks once again SO, SO much for dragging me out of the gutter mentally so to speak and for being so supportive! Love you girls!

Pete, you were posting as I was (good God, that last post was horrendously long, sorry about that!!) and you are so, so right, I do need to just think about what I have to lose and focus on that and not the time that I might or might not do it in. Yep, it ends when it ends. Thanks Pete.

Hey, just thought, the good thing is, I'm feeling fed up and a bit wound up and stressed out, but I would normally have been craving my usual food and drink crutches to get me through, but this didn't honestly cross my mind to get me through! That's a revelation! I can't believe my mindset has changed so quickly and I'm trying to think why I'm feeling so fed up, instead of shoving all the emotions back down with food instead!

Thanks LS!! I appreciate it! You've done amazing managing to design your own RTM and maintain so well without the kind of support you should have had from your LLC!

Waffle anytime you want/need too PS!

Good on ya for recognising you didn;t turn to food. Me and SB were just talking about that very thing earlier tonight. Its quite something to realise, innit!! Goon on ya girl.

As for your class - I can easily see why you were frustrated!!! Not too keen on the temp LLC's advise, to be honest.....

Keep rockin it girl - you'll get there!!! Its not long now...and it will go fast!

x

PoppySparkle said:
Hey, just thought, the good thing is, I'm feeling fed up and a bit wound up and stressed out, but I would normally have been craving my usual food and drink crutches to get me through, but this didn't honestly cross my mind to get me through! That's a revelation! I can't believe my mindset has changed so quickly and I'm trying to think why I'm feeling so fed up, instead of shoving all the emotions back down with food instead!

I was so pleased to read this!
It's great to hear the mental change you've made, and isn't it great when you realise that you no longer want to use food to solve your emotional problems! :)

Agood LLC is so important

I know it's the luck of the draw, but we have been exceptionally lucky with our LLC.
She's great and that has made the difference for me.
Hope yours is back soon Poppy. She'll get you back in the right frame of mind.

Thanks SB! Congrats on your new RTM journey too - hope it's goes painlessly for you!

BL and Pete, it's lifted my spirits no end realising that I actually know that food isn't the answer, along with all the support from all who responded to my long moan.

Thanks again!

Poppy

That lark about those that lapsed will do better in RTM may be true, but here is a fact (after my obsessive research on VLCD's) 80% of people who lapse during a VLCD go back to put on weight. Its not a fact that is easy to swallow, trust me cause I also did once! You be proud of yourself and what you have achieved.

Also I find it strange the group was allowed to talk about food, we had a very strict no food talk rule throughout.

Hang in there lady you will get there and the getting there is the best feeling in the whole world.

:)

I talk about food openly but thats because me and the other guy at the group are both OK with it, and my LLC said so long as we are both confortable with the subject then it's ok.

Obviously when new people join, I won't talk about it at all!

Pete you are ok in my books, now would you like this slice of pizza, i know you want it Pete dot deny it lol.

To answer the posters question, its normal that you will slow down, but it picks up again, in my week 6 i lost 2lbs and was seriously vexed but in the last two weeks it has been 6lbs then 5lbs

Dont give up!

Pete you are ok in my books, now would you like this slice of pizza, i know you want it Pete dot deny it lol.

To answer the posters question, its normal that you will slow down, but it picks up again, in my week 6 i lost 2lbs and was seriously vexed but in the last two weeks it has been 6lbs then 5lbs

Dont give up!

:confused: - thanks but not worried about the loss in itself. In fact, I was pretty happy with the loss over Xmas and New Year, and I'm not worried about losing small amounts some weeks, it was more why was I feeling so rubbish when I'd done so well. Nothing to do with losing 3lb this week - I'm okay with that and think it's great!

Tange, thanks for that fact - that's pretty scary stuff! I had someone say to me today that the diet is great in itself, but show me one person who has maintained without having to resort to using the foodpacks time and again. I couldn't, as the only people I know one uses packs a lot still and the other uses Slimfast. So I'm hoping to prove her wrong and be the one that maintains my weight long term with portion control and exercise (or am I just living in cloud cuckoo land?!)

Anyway, feeling a bit better today, thanks guys!

I'd say "so what?" to using packs now and again or something like Slimfast to help manage the weight! It shows an ongoing positive mental attitude and if it stops them putting the weight back on, good for them for doing it!

If, after all this, it turns out that I need to use some slimfast or packs now and then to help keep my weight down, I'll glady do it, I'd sacfifice ever eating "normally" again to keep feeling and looking the way I do (though of course that's not an option!!!!).

Mind you, chances are I'd opt for the LLL program instead, knowing how great LL is first hand :)

anyway, the whole point is moot as I know the RTM side will work, just look at the great examples we have here of people who followed whatever program they were/are on and have maintained so well!

Different strokes for different folks

How many people do you know who are constantly "on a diet", even those who don't need to be.
There are people who lose their weight, manage to maintain it and lead a "normal" life.
They hopefully go off into the sunset and don't need to re-visit or re-join.
The ones we hear about are the people who struggle and come back for help.
It's a bit like people who wear wigs - we only notice the bad ones!!!
:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:
As others have said "does it matter HOW you manage it when you've achieved your goal? We are all individuals.

:confused: - I had someone say to me today that the diet is great in itself, but show me one person who has maintained without having to resort to using the foodpacks time and again. I couldn't, as the only people I know one uses packs a lot still and the other uses Slimfast. So I'm hoping to prove her wrong and be the one that maintains my weight long term with portion control and exercise (or am I just living in cloud cuckoo land?!)

Anyway, feeling a bit better today, thanks guys!

I can. I work with a woman who has maintained a 4 stone loss for 4 years, and never had another pack. :)

It can be done.

If there is a will, there is a way. :)

Prove em wrong!!!

(and ask them this - even if they do fall back on the packs now and again to maintain a healthy weight - exactly what is the problem with that again? ;))

Back