What to do at Christmas?

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
I can't believe i'm thinking about it in september! Just shows how I'm learning to plan.

Spoke to my CDC this week about it, I'm going to Scotland with my other half's family and have decided not to SS, so think I'll do step 2 or 3.

What's everyone else thinking of doing?

Sx

Im having the week from 24th dec till 2nd of january off christmas,day eat what i want and also new years day but be sensible the rest of the time but off plan... i plan to get straight back on plan after the festivities are over,xxxx

I'm hoping to be done on SS by the end of October so will be working my way up the plans & hopefully will be able to enjoy Xmas without going too nuts on the food front!

Im on ss now so im hoping to get a,huge chunk off ... N surely i wont be able to eat half of what i could scoff before lol so fingers crossed i have very small gain tht i can get straight back off the next week xxxx

I won't be doing the cambridge on Christmas Day and Boxing day but will try not to let it stretch into some kind of 30 day binge!! But I might have the odd few extras.

I'd like to stay SS, but i don't know if i'd get away with it. My family (who eat on the evening of the 24th) will be fine, but my in laws who we go to on xmas day, might not understand. they're supportive of it at the moment, but by then i'll look much more of a normal weight and i suspect this might influence their attitudes. If I have to eat I will have a couple of slices of turkey and a small amount of green veg, in a SS+ style.

and that's it.

i have to have the 810 weeks, but other than that i'm sole sourcing all the way to goal if i can possibly do so.

Im going to have christmas day and Boxing day as a step 3 or 4 day but stay on plan the rest of the time. I wont forgive myself if i ruin all my hard work in an instant, after all, this for me is about a lifestyle change, which wouldnt be true if i go back to my old ways just because its christmas!

I also look at it each step at a time rather than a whole picture. If i get tempted by anything, i ask myself what do i want more, to get slimmer or that food? Get slimmer always wins then i feel very pleased with myself for making that decision :) It works for me :) x

When I did LL, I stayed 100% and didn't eat at all Xmas Day, apart from shakes/bar/black coffee! It was one day and that's what I kept telling myself - that and 'it's only food'. The day came and went and I carried on.

So this time, I went on holiday and decided to have the odd glass of wine or two, but this was a bit of a trigger and I did eat stuff I really wouldn't have made the choice to if I was 100% sober! :)

Just be very aware that it's more difficult than you will ever realise to get back to being 100% for the majority of the time when you've had a planned break and if you are ready for this, put plans in place. I keep saying, that's it, I'm going to do this 100% and get the last stone and a half off, but then every weekend the X Factor comes on and I reach for a glass of wine or two! And I was SO committed before my holidays. I know lots of people doing LL (the majority in my group) who planned to have one or two days off for Xmas, but this turned into a month long blow out and some didn't ever get back on.

my cdc said that i should not do ss for more than 12 weeks.. she said after 12 weeks to add a meal on.. so i think that will take me to xmas when i will continue to have shakes and have 1 meal... so hopefully should be ok.

I have to agree 100% with poppysparkle, I came off CD while on holidays about 3 months ago and just never stuck to it since! Not to say you're all weak willed but just be careful because if your anything like me you'll eat whatever knowing it can be easily reversed after a few weeks of CD but it's actually getting back on CD and giving up the food again...it's soooo hard!

just think about where we'll all be by xmas. it's 12 weeks on sunday. that's 12 weeks of around 3.5lb (ss) which is around 42lb.

Guys, they are all fantastic comments!

I'm no nearer to a decision but i know it needs to be controlled all the time.

I think (and its still only think) i'll do two packs a day and a dinner in the evening. The people I'm going with are not eaters. I can envision dinners being meat and veg. Its self catering anyway, although there is a restaurant on site which i think we're only going to visit once or twice.

urgh these are the problems i'm always going to face!

Those of you who are 100%ing all christmas, i am so impressed with you. Your "its only food" attitude is inspirational.

Sxx

for me it's not that it's only food. it's just that the stakes are so high for me, i can't - just can't - risk spannering it up.

Bloomin bangles, Spangles, just seen your weightloss for this week. Whooohooo that's 2 impressive losses in two weeks. Bet all that fretting seems like a distant memory now eh?
Made up for you. Dolly x

Bethuk1 said:
I have to agree 100% with poppysparkle, I came off CD while on holidays about 3 months ago and just never stuck to it since! Not to say you're all weak willed but just be careful because if your anything like me you'll eat whatever knowing it can be easily reversed after a few weeks of CD but it's actually getting back on CD and giving up the food again...it's soooo hard!

Agreed 100% I don't the CD last year and almost got to goal. I felt amazing and because I had a holiday to Egypt in a week I came off with every intention of getting back on it when I came back. Unfortunately it WAS NOT easy. I tried a few times but could not mentally get myself back I in to it. It'd now taken me 9 months before I'm finally back on and am now on day 10 and lost 9pounds at weight in. The problem is I was a stone of target when i came off and I'm just under 4 stone from target when I started again so it really made a big difference! If you can try a higher step but stick to allowed foods over Christmas so still enjoy the odd treat but stick as best you can to the shakes you'll find it easier to go back to SS. Good luck everyone :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Bloomin bangles, Spangles, just seen your weightloss for this week. Whooohooo that's 2 impressive losses in two weeks. Bet all that fretting seems like a distant memory now eh?
Made up for you. Dolly x

thanks - one more like that and it'll make up for the two rubbish weeks. ;)

Back