What to do in a CD emergency

Staffdieter

Just wondered if the experts amongst us could give me some advice, if I am ever caught without any CD products atall, for a prolonged period of time, what would the best thing to eat be. The reason I am asking the question is my son was taken into hospital unexpectedly yesterday morning by ambulance (he's fine now) and it was many hours before we could get home to eat, I had a spare tetra in my bag which allowed me to keep going, but if I hadn't, what would have been the best thing to do?

I am interested in the answer, But I carry extra sachets and have some emergency tetras too just in case.
x

I was the same on Saturday, don't usually buy Tetra's but had bought some for my holiday and hadn't used them all, and had used the sachets instead so when my son was in hospital too (getting better slowly) I had one left too. My guess of an answer, would be an 810 stylee meal or type foods, so chicken, tuna (in spring water although I know that can be hard to come across) green/white veg. That kind of thing - that's what I would do anyway - but there may be a more strategic answer from KD or another CDC . XX

I'd say it really depends how long a gap between CD packets we're talking. The wonderful thing about ketosis is that once you're in it, you don't actually need to eat as regularly as you do when you're eating carby foods. In other words, you won't get that sudden dip where you become ravenously hungry. In fact, there have been times when I've suddenly realised it's 3pm and I haven't actually had a shake all day...

So I'd say, if you realise that you're not going to be able to get back home to have your shakes, then yes, you're probably going to have to think about having a green and white meal (as they used to be known). That is, something like a chicken salad, for example.

But if you're talking about a gap of say 8 hours, there's no real necessity to have something to eat. Your body will manage perfectly well, I promise. Let's face it, it does when you're in bed and asleep, doesn't it? If you can foresee that you will be able to get home to your shake, I'd wait till I got home, rather than risk grabbing something that might kick me out of ketosis.

Just my humble opinion, mind. :)

I say to never be without what you need for a full day and maybe an extra. The good thing about it is that the bars and tetras travel well. If you are always prepared, you don'[t have to worry about it. I knew I had to do this for myself as I could see myself using it as an excuse to eat food when I wanted in my heart to do it 100%. Having what I need right with me when I need it made it a little easier to choose a tetra or bar instead of stopping at the nearest eatery. packing my little igloo with ice packs and teras is the last thing I do as I go out the door for the day. You will find what works for you. Good luck!

I'd say it really depends how long a gap between CD packets we're talking. The wonderful thing about ketosis is that once you're in it, you don't actually need to eat as regularly as you do when you're eating carby foods. In other words, you won't get that sudden dip where you become ravenously hungry. In fact, there have been times when I've suddenly realised it's 3pm and I haven't actually had a shake all day...
Hey, and I thought it was just me! :) (It's 11am and I've just realised I've had lots of tea but no porridge yet.) I always buy a few extra packets and bars when I visit my CDC, not only to have as spares but to give myself a bit of choice and variety. Bars are so easy to pop into a handbag (Tetras a bit more bulky - and I hate them anyway).

Having said that, I'm down to my last spoonful of Savoury Vegetable water mix and my CDC's away till next week!! :help2: :d'oh:

Having said that, I'm down to my last spoonful of Savoury Vegetable water mix and my CDC's away till next week!! :help2:
d'oh.gif
You can buy veg Bouillion from the supermarkets which is very similar. I know alot of people drink it on here. Also it's alot cheaper x

Back