what to do while eating sunday dinners with family

sunnilove

Well i have a family birthday party and im unsure what to eat!
its going to be pasta meatballs sausages and salad..and then the dreaded wait for it

dun dun dun
ice cream cake.:cry:
im unsure what to do
I know i should mostly fill my plate with salad, a bit of pasta
should i have 1 meat option or should I have a meatball and 1 sausage?
and should i dare have ice cream cake?
I know youre supposed to treat yourself once a week and i havent done that yet,
also would it be okay to have a glass of red wine with dinner?
thanks!

Load up on salad. Go easy on the meatballs and sausages as they tend to be quite fatty but i would rather have the protein than the pasta as it keeps me full and satisfied for longer. Then I'd choose EITHER wine or cake. Probably wine lol

Yeah stick to either wine or cake, not both! and if you have cake just have the one slice, it's okay to treat yourself just don't go overboard! I would have a reasonably portioned meal rather than picking at a load of salad and not enjoying yourself! whatever works best for you, don't worry, if you eat a couple of meatballs you wont put on 5 stone ;)!

The great thing is that by planning this in advance you will be better able to make healthy choices. And whatever treats you decide on, you can fully enjoy, knowing that they are all being taken into account.

If it were me, I'd try to get a good bit of meat, very little pasta or bread and I'd have a slice of ice-cream cake but make it a small slice.

Personally I would stay away from wine as after having a glass I'd find it a bit harder to resist all the temptations on display!

But if you would rather have wine than cake then do it that way instead. Or maybe you could have both if the portions were small.

Back