What to do with spare/left over packs?

Caz

Repeat Offender
So I've finished doing CD now. I've decided that I need to get my butt into the gym to get myself set up for the walking marathon I have stupidly signed myself up for, so I'm going to try and go 3-4 times a week for at least an hour each time. I don't feel like I can do that on CD, so I'm doing my own thing... hopefully my own good thing!

I started back on Weds and looks like I've lost about 1lb so far, I know it's not the kind of results you get on CD, and that I used to get on CD, but at least it's not a plus number!

At 1lb a week it would take me a very long time to get to my goal weight, so got to try and get that up a little. I'd be happy with 2lbs a week I think. Just have to try and not set my hopes too high though, but also believe I can do it... you know?

Anyway, to the point Caroline!! I've got 17 packs left over from when I was doing CD. What should I do with them? I don't want to throw them away, obviously seeing as £30 worth. No-one around here does CD. Can't sell them. Should I just do CD for 5 days to use them up? Would doing CD for 5 days actually help me at all? I know I'd lose quite a lot, I lost 12lbs my first week, but then because it's a lot of water weight it'd go back on, but am I likely to even after that be a few pounds lighter if I'm following healthy eating?

I haven't got a clue!

Hi caroline why not use the shakes as a replacement for breakfast?
or better still use them up do CD for 5 days.? i would do any of these really.

Good luck.x

Just use them for odd meals, would be a shame to waste them.

That's what I was wondering, whether I should say have a CD breakfast and lunch, and then a normal but healthy dinner. I might do that, though I've left my shaker thing at my parents, but I'm sure I'll manage it!

I would just use them as a light breakfast say, or replacement meals as suggested.

How long is your walking marathon?

How about having them for dinner - you need less food in the evenings and evening sis when people tend to over eat. Eat healthily during the day and then have a CD pack in the evening.

Also, if they are still in date, your CDC will take them back.

xxx

I now live over an hour away from my CDC, otherwise I'd probably take them back to her.

Lexie when you say how long what do you mean? The amount of time? Who knows, probably 7 or 8 hours =s Miles? 26. How long until it? It's in April. Not sure which you meant so thought I'd answer them all!

I might change it, sometimes have it for dinner, sometimes lunch, sometimes breakfast. Seeing as I've got some soups, porridges and shakes. Soup for breakfast doesn't sound great and porridge for dinner is ok but a bit odd!

I meant distance wise, just wondered about the training. I once did a sponsored walk for an animal charity and it was 10 miles (I think) and I was fine until i stopped moving. You have my respect!

Yup, 26 miles, it's worse than running a marathon in that it's longer. Also, it's at night, so going to have to spend a few days getting my body into that pattern. I don't know why I've agreed to do it to myself really, it's going to kill me! Well, I do know why. Firstly it's the motivation I need. Secondly, it means a lot to my friend to do it. And thirdly, my Nan died of Cancer in 2000 and I always said I'd do something like it for her. I want to actually run a marathon one day, so I figure this is a good start!

Just wanted to say marathons are 26 miles and 385 yards:p
Good luck with the walk tho caroline will be such an achievement for you especially as means so much to you x x

It's going to be 26 miles of pain and 385 yards of torture!!

Hi Caroline

Just to say re the marathon walk - well done, for one, and secondly, why not look at some 'trainign for a marathon' resources on the internet, although they're usually aimed at runners, they will give you a training breakdown that you could do walking rather than running. I think this is what I'd do if I had to walk a marathon!

I did a 'couch to 10k' training plan a while ago when I trained to walk 20 miles for breast cancer care - it really helped, but I wish I'd done a marathon one, as I wasn't really up to 20miles in one hit. Did it (took 8 hours, with stops, 7 hours walking) but then could not move the next day, so stiff!

I agree with others on the thread, use them for light breakfasts.

How are you going about weight management now? I seem to be doing ok with calorie counting, maybe you could join me in the CC forum?

By the way the London Marathon site has great training programmes from beginner to advance....I know it's aimed for jogging but could still be of use to ya hun x

Back