What to have before/after a workout

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by J4ffa, 30 January 2014 Social URL.

1. J4ffa

J4ffa Full Member

Right im stuck whats the best thing to have before/after a workout as im noticing im running out of energy during a workout so feeling drained i normally go for a lucozade sport after and it does help after but unsure if its the best thing to have..

i know eating just before a workout is bad so atm im having a light meal 2-3 hours before a workout atm going with a salad with some chicken but unsure so thought i would ask.

so what do people recommend

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. steff79

steff79 Silver Member

will actually rush home and have a light dinner before the gym so am not running on empty.. or a banana before a workout is also good ;)

4. steff79

steff79 Silver Member

soz after a workout if you had a light dinner a banana or a handfull of mixed fruit rasins saultanas and what ever those yellow things are or your light dinner when you get back!! :p depends ;)

5. J4ffa

J4ffa Full Member

ahh cool cool cheers just getting back into the gym habit so still unsure on some stuff will try that normally im eating the banana earlier in the day as a snack so will try and leave it and have that later

6. J4ffa

J4ffa Full Member

ah cool cool cheers will give that ago.. what would you suggest eating a few people have suggested chicken and rice small ish portion but i duno

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.