What to wear... Wedding help!

LornaGrace

Hi, Im going to a wedding at the end of august. really stuck on what to wear...
I found this and cant believe its only £14!!!

Do you think its too revealing, shoulders showing etc, I could get a small cardi. wat about colour, is it too drab and dull for an august wedding? and what colour shoes would you put with it?

Opinions please!

Thankyou :)

Attachments

• 6V390.jpg
    6V390.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 128
If the weather is warm enough I think it's perfect! Again depending on weather you could use a shawl/wrap. As for shoes maybe try and match the beading, can't quite see the colour gunmetal? silver? Match your shoes and bag with a silvery shawl/wrap and I think you'll be perfect!

Its a lovely dress, not too revealing, but personally I'd want it in a bright colour - thats just personal preference though as that nude/peach colour does not suit me - its very on trend though, so if you have the skin tone to pull it off, go for it.

Shoes & accessories wise I haven't got a clue - can you buy the ones that are pictured with the dress?

Thanks for your replies.

Think ill have a look round for a shawl. I have just returned from holiday, so hoping my slight tan will look ok with the nude colour.

not seen any shoes like these, but ill have a proper look when im home!
Orange may be good, make the outfit a bit brighter.

Are shoulders showing ok then? iv not been to a wedding before, not sure if there is any thing i should/shouldnt do/wear.

Thanks x

General rules for wedding clothes are not too much flesh, but a strapless dress is fine and don't wear white or ivory. Some people say green is bad luck.

I went ot a very posh wedding a few weeks ago and someone turned up in a very short playsuit from Primark. I kid you not....

I love it. It is delightful .

Coral would be lovely with it. A bit softer than orange.

monsoon-shoes-boots-rennes-shoes.jpg

These shoes are from Monsoon.

url

url

These shrugs could do it.

You could buy some sheer organza fabric in a gold colour with a shimmer. (John Lewis is best bet) hem the ends and keep it together in front with a scarf ring would be like a shawl but without the hassle of it slipping, shawls are a bugger to wear I think.
You can make a fab flower from organza too, simply cut several circles in different sizes, pass the edges through a candle flame, then layer largest to smallest on top, sew some small beads into the centre or even a pretty button. Attach to a hair clip or hair band and you could even put a few smaller ones on a cheap plain clutch so you look like you spent a fortune on matching accessories!

Love those Shoes fillymum! what a gorgeous summery colour.

Thanks for all these ideas, looks like im going to be busy! need a trip to meadowhall shopping centre, and maybe sheffield!

xxx

I love that dress, you can't go wrong for £14!

If the wedding is in a church, I'd recommend you cover your shoulders for the service but other than that I think this is perfect :)

Silver or soft pink shades would be nice.

Back