What was everyones...

Because hubby and I have been trying for a family for 5 years, its not going to happen for various reasons, so we decided to adopt, we were turned down because of my weight, despite my 14 yrs of childcare exp (i'm a nanny)

So.....if I want to be a mummy, I have to shape up!!

A number of reasons:
Felt dreadful about myself.
40 next year.
Holiday in Barbados in August and want to feel comfortable.
Receiving an award at the House of Lords in March and having my photo taken +++
Going on holiday with my sisters in May.
Fed up with wearing the same clothes over and over and hating shopping.
To wear something other than black.
To not end up on life support, like my mother, at the age of 50 having had a triple heart bypass.
To improve my asthma.
To lower my cholesterol.
To be a good example to my children.
To have energy.
OHHH I could go on!
It is a good and timely reminder!
Thanks

Apart from all the above, a friend had a heart attack last September cos his weight and smoking. I'm so much bigger than him though. This really scared me and I knew I had to do something about it or that would be me in that position really soon.

My hubby and daughters and family are really supportive (cos they know I really need and want to do it) but I don't think I could have got this far without this site. Everyone is so supportive and want to thank everyone for their lovely comments and advice. You are all great!

mrsbee your story makes me so cross!! I'm sure you'd make an ace mummy! I work with kids who would cry out for a decent home!Just coz their parents are stick think doesn't make them good parents. Mind you, if it inspired you to lead a healthier lifestyle then that is one good thing.

I had a baby in 2006 and during the pregnancy didn't carry well at all. I was heavish before (BMI 28ish) I was pregnant but during put on 5st, alot of it being water retention. Towards the end of the pregnancy I couldn't get any shoes and it was painful to walk as my ankles were so swollen.

I'm losing weight just in case we decide to have another in the hope that I carry better and recover quicker afterwards. After I had my baby I had a slipped disc and it took me months to get over the cesearean. The likelihood is that next baby, will also be by ceasearean and I want to improve my chances of recovering quickly so I can enjoy my family and not be dogged by health problems.

Alex :)

Ive not felt myself the past 3 years which is when I gained all the weight. My motivation is my wedding day 1st July and not wanting to hate every photo that is taken, I also have consultations booked for surgery in March, so I think whats the point in paying so much on surgery if Im still going to be fat x

thankyou so much every1 4 ur replies im so glad i made this topic... its showed me that im far from alone in my struggles 2 csontroll all tghe different parts of my life...

i still feel stuk tho, im doin everythin right loosing weight etc and@all the things society says will make me happy, and yet my self esteem is at an all time low... do u think this is sumthin u hav 2 work on 4eva? or will2 it all come naturally?xxx

thankyou so much every1 4 ur replies im so glad i made this topic... its showed me that im far from alone in my struggles 2 csontroll all tghe different parts of my life...

i still feel stuk tho, im doin everythin right loosing weight etc and@all the things society says will make me happy, and yet my self esteem is at an all time low... do u think this is sumthin u hav 2 work on 4eva? or will2 it all come naturally?xxx

To be honest i have never had any self esteem! Even when i was at my skinniest i didnt! I think it is something that you have to work on to achieve chick although thats my personal opinion im sure it come naturally for some people xx

Thought so babe!!
right then i suppose i better visit some self help sites ha, otherwise im just guna b a nightmare for the rest of my life!! x

Apart from being a size 24 and about to leave it behind for a 26, i was struggling to get in and out of bed. Walking up and down stairs left me out of breath and squeezing behind the car steering wheel! Oh and i was finding it hard to buy clothes in shops :( there is more but here are just a few.

mine is cause im off on holiday in june and would be nice to go to any shop to buy and thing i wanted instead of going to evans.

Mine is so the rest of my life isn't cut short by dying due to obesity related diseases...also i'm getting married in April so I wanted to be happy with my body, so I made a promise to myself that it was now or never :D

I have been on a diet most of my life - unsuccessfully obviously! - and for every lb I lost I probably put on 3 or 4!!!! My GP mentioned LT to me the year before as the chemist in our village had just started doing it but I had dismissed the idea. Then last year 2 friends did it and were very successful (though both gave up and have since piled the weight back on) and I thought about it again but decided to leave it till after my holiday in April.

While on holiday in the states we were in a pharmacy and we all tried the blood pressure machine. To my horror my normally low BP was very high and I spent the rest of the holiday scared to death of having a heart attack! That and having to pull the aircraft seat belt as loose as it would go and do it up under my fat belly as well as keeping covered up by the pool made me really do some serious straight talking to myself! We came home on the Sunday and I went straight to the chemist first thing Monday and started that day!

Mine was to gain confidence and to stop getting bullied because of my size and also to love the person that I am.

The most supportive person on my weight loss journey has to be my best friend, she has been a rock and doesnt judge ya on what size ya are!!

My motivation to loose the weight was when I overheard what an (ex) friend said.. 'yeah, she USED to have a LOVELY figure'.... I have had two babies in the last 2 years, and before i was pregnant I was always a stone or so overweight... i love clothes and going out and having fun and found since the birth of babs number two, i stopped buying clothes, stayed at home and thought, this is it, my thirties and I am a fat middle aged mum!! Now, about 3-4 stone overweight I just had enough.. I have always excersized, and always ate for two, even when not pregnant.. It started when my italian granny used to literally forcefeed me and my sister food... my sister is a size 8 and watches everything she eats, has had eating disorders and now has a hold on everything and eats very healthily... I went to dublin for new year and found myself hiding behind dp for every photo (it is soooo obvious that is what i was doing)...
I have had people say to me throughout my life.. god you could be a model if you lost the weight.... it got to the stage where double edged compliments would literally depress me and would stay in bed for as long as I could.... This month I am going to england to see my fav dj in the world.. the club will be trendy, full of gorg peeps and I just had enough and was going to not go... then I decided to use it as an incentive... yesterday I bought myself a size 16 bustier top from.. wait for it... Miss selfridge.. a shop i wouldnt even dare go into for the thought of the staff laughing me out of the place... I hope it still fits by the end of this month!!! hehe (well i wouldnt mind if i didnt really)...
I have spent so much of my life wasting time worrying about my weight instead of doing something about it... at 32, i want to start focusing on my kids and having fun for myself.. instead of using my appearance as a reason to be depressed... so thats it really... xxx

My motivation is quite complicated. 1st of all we are off to Florida in July and I want to be fit and able to do everything with my daughters and not give up cos I'm too fat to run around Disney all day!
Secondly I want my Hubby to be proud of me again. I was a size 10 when we met and things were HOT (if you know what I mean!!). He is in the forces and due to an accident I nearly lost him just before Xmas. Since he got home from this incident our marriage has never been stronger and I think we both appreciate what we have together. And so I want to get back to the girl I was!! That means shifting the 6 st I've managed to pile on over the last 10 years...and I will!!!

Anyway, congrats if you read this far!

Claire x

I'm only 5ft and my size 18 trousers were getting very tight and I had to start buying clothes in the plus size section.. I didn't want to be 25 and still "fat".
I passed my driving test in Oct - it took me years to overcome my fear of driving (I would have panic attacks on my lessons and nightmares that would stop me from going out on my lessons), I thought if I can pass my test then I can lose weight...
My OH is very supportive although I think he does get fed up of me talking about this diet...

Your stories are so inspiring! I can see elements of my goals in every one of your stories.

So.. here goes... I did Lipotrim last year and lost 4 stone in 2 and a half months. This was after a long battle with my weight before that. I was a size 10/12 when I was 17, then after rapidly losing a lot of weight I started to pile it back on, I guess I was cocky enough to think that I was safe to gain a few pounds without having to worry too much about it, but it got out of control and here I am at 21 a size 20 and miserable with myself.

So the lipotrim really helped, and I kept all the weight off for a good few months. Then I had an Implanon fitted and BOOM! I exploded again.
I turned a blind eye to it for so long because I had kind of given up caring about it, figuring that because (I thought) I was smart and funny my appearance was irrelevant. But then I stopped leaving the house... Something, subconsciously, had told me that my size was not something that was acceptable or tolerable. But instead of just doing something about it I wallowed in self pity, and chose to believe my (wonderful, supportive, kind and gorgeous!) boyfriend when he told me I wasnt fat.

Then I got dragged to a 21st of an old school friend. I got all dressed up and thought I looked gorgeous, then when I was looking at the photos on my ex-best-friend (looong and complicated story, she was my best friend for 9 years and now the most dangerous and hurtful presence in my life) and noticed her comments...

"well its not my fault someone decided they wanted a trans-species op for christmas (human to elephant)"

"really need to come up with a new nickname the old one just doesnt do her justice anymore...shes chubbier? duh?"

Charming eh? So even though I knew in my heart and soul I needed to do this a long time ago it takes that level of hurt from a person that even though she's destroyed me more than once I still had some level of compassion for, to pierce through this unusually thick skin I've developed... Must be a benefit of being part pachyderm... HA! HA! not.
Havent decided whether I'll confront her when I've lost all the weight or just let her discover my new and wonderful life for herself... either way, I am never going back to that again, I never want to let such a vindictive person use me to feel good about themselves again. AMEN!

wow!!

That is awful...

We all have friends in our lives we wish we hadnt met... I thought my old best friend was bad but yours takes the biscuit!!!
You dont need a person like that in your life!! You can do it and should do it for you... Its only your happiness that matters!!!

Back