What was YOUR kick up the bum???

MidLifeCrisis

Getting all deep now Im not thinking food 24/7 lol. Was thinking..........What was THE thing that set you off on your weight loss journey????

I'll start.

Mine was a combination of not wanting to be known as 'The Fat Mum' in the 'Which mum do you mean?' conversation ' Oh you know the FAT mum at school'!
and
a wardrobe FULL of clothes that fit me on my honeymoon 4 years ago, that laugh at me when I open my wardrobe doors and knoing Im 40 in 2 years and will soon be to old to wear many of them!

What was your defining moment or thing?

My binge eating getting so out of control I actually started to feel I was having a breakdown & craving the normality & release of a vlcd! Now that is deep! Hope the weight is coming off for you :)

Shockingly awful photos taken of me with my baby niece & 3 yr old nephew were a big kick up the bum. Looking forward to having interim & goal photos taken with them in the coming months :)

Not so much a kick as aches. I ached and was also very stiff getting downstairs in teh mronings. I thought if I'm like this at 52 what hell will my life be at 62 or 72 and will I make 82? I had been reseraching lots of diets - as a serial failure, I was looking for something that wokred. I started eating paleo which worked but was going to take forever. SO when I founjd Alizonne which also has contouring and skin treatments and is GP supervised, I went for it. So very very glad I have!

Having someone refer to me as "the fat one" in my group of friends on a night out. Because I'm going on holiday in July with three of my friends, who are respectively size 6, size 6, and size 8. And because I'm sick of having to wear clothes I don't even like and I want to wear the pretty, dainty little things that're in the shops at the mo!

Originally, going to college, and realising I spent my school life with no self esteem. Realising I don't wanna waste my youth hating my body until it's too late to really enjoy it. That got me thinking about dieting a lot. But it was actually something I read after that which got me on a diet the next day and kept me at it.. "which do you care about most, food or your body".

Right now, I'm dieting again to finally reach the point I've always wanted, but mainly after realising that I've been losing all progress I've made first time around.

Im getting close to the age that my dad became diabetic and im the same weight he was....i dont want that to be me...i hate going to the doctors with a passion if i had to go regularly id go nuts.

Being told that in ten to 15 years I will probably need a transplant and then in the next breath being told that they would never put me on the register at my weight.... Somehow that's quite motivating...... :)

Wanting a baby
Wanting to be confident about myself
Wanting to be healthy!

The main trigger was thinking - If I don't stop now, where on earth will I end up?

Last time my goal was getting wed buy without that I lost it & all size 12s relegated to the loft. But the night that I felt too fat/uncomfortable (after several binge eating days) to go meet my bestest friends for drinks in the city & broke down crying, it doesn't do to feel that low!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I saw myself in a shop security camera, and GENUINELY thought it wasn't me!! I look very very different in my head than I do in the mirror!

2 things really ..... My husband while trying to explain to my best friend about how small our bath was said that I hadn't been able to fit my bum in the bath for years ... he was joking, but I took it to heart, and then getting dressed on the 11th Jan this year had to struggle to do up my size 24 jeans (even with the elastic back!!) And I refused point blank to buy a size 26 pair of anything! So started Lipotrim that morning (100 days ago today!!)

Not fitting into garden furniture (plastic chairs)
Struggling to do airplane seatbelts
Being referred to as the big girl
Avoiding certain events through fear & embarrassment
Don't want to be the fat mum
Worrying when going to a restaurant if I'd fit in the booth or if my fat bum would knock over someone's wine on the way to my table.
A photo at a family party where I look HUGE
Feeling rubbish, tired, hungry(greedy)
Having to buy size 24 jeans.
Sweating too much in summer
My trousers rubbing away on the thighs
Avoiding places like Alton towers... Because what would be the point

My list is endless xxx

My husband very kindly told me (in the middle of a massage even!) that I had stretch marks from gaining weight, and that he was concerned for my health. I knew it would take serious concern for him to broach my body issues like that, so I knew I had to listen to him.

Back