Green Days What was your lowest point/or the situ or thought that made you join sw?

I was at a friends kids birthday party and i was in the kitchen and the lounge was full of all her skinny, pretty friends. After hiding in the kitchen for a few hours helping wash up and make party food i really needed a wee but i just couldn't make myself walk throught the lounge to the toilet right infront of everyone because i was so self concious. I ended up waiting in the kitchen in pain till everyone left then i ran to the toilet, god knows how i didn't wet myself!!!

Mine was being around my best friends mum as she was nursed at home in her last weeks before cancer took her. She was a very petite woman but watching the carers having to lift her, bathe her and do everything for her made me think of how humiliated I would feel the size I was if god forbid I ever got that ill.

Mine was (is!) not wanting to be the fat friend, all my friends are of a slimish build.

Being so unfit that after running up and down stairs twice with washing, I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest and I was going to pass out so I now go to the gym too!

1 - When was husband punched (hard) a complete stranger in a pub because he made a comment about my weight!

2 - seeing my wedding photos :-( (and then my honeymoon snaps!) oh if I could turn bk time!

Saying that / it took me another 10 months to actually join slimming world!

Felt so fab losing weight while i was pregnant (lost 9lb before actualy giving birth, and another stone after)
Next time i weighed was when my baby was 4 months old and i had gained 8lb! I mean....who GAINS weight after having the baby :(

Felt so fab losing weight while i was pregnant (lost 9lb before actualy giving birth, and another stone after)
Next time i weighed was when my baby was 4 months old and i had gained 8lb! I mean....who GAINS weight after having the baby :(

Me lol
Even stranger (nearly 8 yrs ago) i went into labour 13st and came out of hospital with a 7lb 2oz baby and weighing 12st 10lb (the 7lb baby weight didn't even show on the scales lol)

When I joined SW 8 wk ago, i weighed 13st 10lb so even heavier than when 9 months pregnant - don't no how i got to this point, but i do know this.....
I will keep going till i get to a 'normal' weight and will NEVER get that heavy again x

I freaked myself out when a friend invited me out for a night out, knowing I had nothing decent to wear I went shopping and was so upset to realise I was a size 22. I vowed to do something then - but didnt, denial I spose.

But there was no denial a few months later when I had one of those moments where you see yourself in your true light. I was straigtening my hair and the towel slipped down. I just sat there staring at myself crying - I looked like jabba the hut :(

I joined SW that night :) - I've had my ups and downs but I no longer look in the mirror with feelings of self hatred, and sometimes I even think I look quite sexy :cool:

I can relate to you all...re cruel comments, they normally happen when your minding your own business. I was in tesco and a tiny little girl was sitting in her mums trolley. As i passed she said out loud to her mum. Mummy that ladys fat. I could see her mum squirm but not reply. Thinking her mum could not hear, she repeated her comment...the honesty of a child. Another recent incident was again minding my own business walking past a cafe and people look at you as ur passing, a young lady who was big herself was speaking quite loudly as i glanced and past her, she said to her friend " i hate being fat, but im not as fat as her.." I walked on feigning ignorance... :'(

I went to a funfair with my boyfriend but was too scared to go on all the rides in case the safety barriers didn't close because I was so big.

I joined SW that night :) - I've had my ups and downs but I no longer look in the mirror with feelings of self hatred, and sometimes I even think I look quite sexy :cool:

Go girl!!! Love the attitude!
Were all on the same journey and we will get there. x

My lowest point was a little different. I wasn't subjected to rude comments, and I didn't even have a light bulb moment.

Mine was a simple acceptance that I couldn't do it alone. I knew I could lose weight, I'd shown that by dropping half a stone here and there, but it would always come back on when I changed whatever restricted diet I'd put myself on.

SW, for me, is accountability and support for when I hit the healthy eating wall. I've had a fairly rubbish week for eating, so when I go to WI tonight, I'll be open and honest about it. If I'd been doing it alone, I would've said to myself that no-one had to know about it, and within 3 weeks that half a stone would be back on.

SW keeps me going, especially when I've paid for the 12 week countdown!

This time around, my boyfriends Sergeant Major asked me when I was due to drop! That was enough to get me firmly on the SW bandwagon. Can't wait to see him at the Christmas Party next month. Just hope he doesn't ask me where the baby is! ;)

I decided to join after I saw this picture of myself (pleas excuse the stupid face!!) it was taken in Dec 09 but I only saw it just before I had my 3rd baby this April. I started looking back at other pics of me and was completely gutted. Before I had my first baby in Dec 05 I was 10st and a size 10 and although I knew I'd got a lot bigger I didn't realise quite how different I looked in photos as I stopped looking at ones with me in. I did briefly get down to 13st for my wedding but put a stone back on during the honeymoon and stopped weighing myself after that!

I lost weight during my last pregnancy so must have been a lot heavier in this pic, I started when DS2 was 5 weeks old and down almost 1.5st now. I never want to see a pic of me like this ever again!

Attachments

• image-336362739.jpg
    image-336362739.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 147
For me there's one big reason - I found out we'll need to go through IVF and I need to get down to BMI30 to qualify for the procedure and for funding. Having this goal made something snap in my brain that just hadn't before, no matter how much people had nagged me. I wish I'd done this now before my wedding last year but my head just wasn't there. Like someone above, I knew I wouldn't stick to it by myself and needed the help and support of a group to get me through it.

But aside from the biggie, there have been others too. My two sisters are both thin and go running together and I was starting to feel like the odd sister out. I was getting the jibes on the street, and my two nieces' friends would say things like "your auntie has a huge tummy".

Seeing my friend, who was the same size as me, lose weight. My BMI is 42, and I need to lose around 8-9stone. It always overwhelmed me. She made it seem possible. 3 weeks in, and I've lost a stone! Hopefully I'll keep it up. :)

I went on holiday to Mexico, and had gone into the 18 stone bracket. I had never been as big, and i knew i had to make a change or i was putting my health at risk.

I had been dieting ALL my adult life on and off - losing a bit, feeling good - gaining loads when i stopped the diet (WW, RC...) and then feeling a million times worse.

I had given SW a go before the mexico holiday, and lost about half a stone. I loved the Red days!

I joined in October 2009 and lost 5.5 stone for my wedding last month, and i am STILL going....i wont be beaten!

x

Back