What was your turning point

kelly2485

Sorry if this has already been done.

But what was your turning point. what gave you that kick up the back side to start CD.

Mine is the fact my son is almost 9 months old and can move faster then i can. and the weekend was in a lift full of full lengh mirrors and it upset me so much. that i thought you know what i dont have to be like this

Being told I can't have fertility treatment until I have a BMI under 30.

Getting a place at uni to study radiography (start next week) and lying about my weight on the occupational health form (couldn't put that I was over 18 stone!) forcing me to get down to my fictitious weight before the imminent medical!! Naughty I know.LOL

School reunion in January.... don't want people saying "you haven't changed" I'm hoping for a WOW :):) (plus its the big Four Oh next year *gulp*)

realising that on all the random pictures passed around at my grandma's funeral i was barely on any or hiding in the background because i was so ashamed of my size and apperence. I have very few pictures of me and my kids (what memories are they gonna be passing around sooner rather then later if i didn't do something)
Very morbid i know but the biggest kick i could have been given!!!

i didnt really have one.....i just decided that enough was enough and that i didnt want to be fat anymore!
xx

Mine was avoiding being in photos and realising what lengths I would go to, to avoid cameras, due to feeling uncomfortable about how I looked.

Like Lizz and Mrsessex, no one event caused me to do this. TBH Mrs LJ suggested it first (I think she was originally looking at Lighter Life) and asked if I wanted to do it too. But her asking me that caused me to sit down and look at all the reasons why I *should* do it (my health, for my kids, sick of ***** comments from strangers, all that stuff), and here I am.

Mine was getting on the plane to go on holiday and being worried that the seatbelt would not fasten over my huge stomach. I thought I was going to have to ask for a lap-belt.

Being worried that the tray was not going to lay flat as my huge stomach was in the way of it too.

It did fasten but I never forgot that feeling and that's why when I fly next time I know it's going to have to be tightened. Lots.

my turning point

Mine was at a salsa class last week when the chaps could not get their arm around me to do one of the moves.
I can't wait to take advantage of them being able to reach in the future!

I was fed up with always looking to see if other people in the room were fatter than me and normally they weren't and I actually was the largest. Decided that I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life feeling sorry for myself and thanks to CD I now don't feel like that at all and realise that I have an awful lot to live for. Also I bumped into someone a few weeks before I took the CD plunge and she looked fantastic cos she'd just lost loads of weight with LL. I was really envious of her trendy clothes and vowed that I could do it too. That was a really inspiring moment for me and I will let her know next time I see her. x.

my motivation was seeing a picture of myself at my nans 80th birthday party. All the family looked glammed up and I had on a brown v neck fleece and wide leg jeans with desert boots. That was in May. Started cd in june....

in August at the christening of a family relative was a bit different....

skinny black jeans, black v neck top with short sleeves, silver belt and glitzy silver heels.

say no more!

I also have no pictures with my children and like babycakes mentioned, how will I have any memories of our times together. That thought is quite disturbing.

The main reason, I'm fed up of being overweight and putting so much thought into what I'm wearing! It takes me ages to figure out what to wear to cover my bumps and then I end up wear what looks like the same clothes everyday!

my family has a history of diabetes.. mum, dad, nan, grandad etc etc so that scared me when my gp said i have a high chance of getting it to..

Back