What weight losses are you averaging a week?

Bethuk1

Hi all,

Interested to find out how much weight your loosing each week when your SS'ing 100% all week compared to weeks when you blip.

I'm averaging 3lbs a week at the moment and it's been that way for a few weeks now just wondering if I could bump it up a little if I really did stick to it 100% :eek: I'm a bit rubbish at slipping in and out of SS+'ing…when I should be SS'ing..:( I know I'm still doing okay with 3lb a week, considering when I do WW it's 2lb on..2lb off…etc etc.. but I think for all this not eating malarky I should be wasting away!! :p

Cheers y'all ;) xx

hhhmmm on a blip week = 2lb loss (if i dont gain that is)
on a 100% week (which iv only just managed the last week...) 4lbs.

im doing ss+, previously with food but the past week has been 4 packs a day.

as my cdc said to me earlier, she agreed with what uv said. after the first two weeks, weight losses on SW or WW slow down to 1-2 lbs a week. im happy with 4lbs a week :)

I'm going to give a truly boring answer and say it's going to depend on a few things.

How old you are (the younger you are, the faster you'll lose weight. Not fair but true).

How much you have to lose. If you've got several stones to lose, you're going to lose more per week than if you've only got a stone left to lose.

How big a blip we're talking about makes a huge difference. If you're talking about the odd sneaky bite of a fish finger, it won't make much difference at all to your losses. If, on the other hand, you're talking about the consumption of an entire French stick - it'll make a considerable difference. :)

Because I'm a truly sad person, I've actually worked out using the basal metabolic weight calorie requirements for a person of my age and size - I'm 41 and I'm bouncing around in the middle of the 14 stone range - that the most I could lose per week on SS is 3 pounds a week (that's on average - obviously I won't always lose that much. Some weeks I'll lose 2 pounds and other weeks I'll lose 4). When I've lost another stone (the way I'm going at the moment, that's more like if, but hey :rolleyes:), I'll only be able to lose 2.75 pounds per week because my smaller body won't require as many calories to maintain my new weight.

I have been 100% every week, and I only lose 3lb per week.

Lilys post is fab - and really useful. 3lbs a week is just about your stone a month average. I think the better first week losses really give us all false expectations and we (thats the royal we actually meaning me!!) get greedy and want to lose 5 6 7 a week, but in reality just about 3lbs a week is what we should be expecting. Perhaps if we all expected that we would get less disappointed and less likely to use it as an excuse to eat.

That's good news :) I was just a bit miffed as my CDC always seems to have the look that says "could be better"...she's lovely but she has a side that reminds of some of my hardcore teachers who didn't take any messing from the class clown.. Which just happened to be me! I'm happy with 3lbs i worked out at that rate I would reach goal on 2nd September :D x

Bethuk1 said:
That's good news :) I was just a bit miffed as my CDC always seems to have the look that says "could be better"...she's lovely but she has a side that reminds of some of my hardcore teachers who didn't take any messing from the class clown.. Which just happened to be me! I'm happy with 3lbs i worked out at that rate I would reach goal on 2nd September :D x

Yes, I always get a bit cross when I see posts that suggest CWPCs have given their clients unrealistic expectations about how much weight they should be losing in a week - even crosser when it's implied that because someone's 'only' lost 2 pounds that they must have cheated. Not the case. There will be weeks when smaller losses happen despite being 100%. Not all CWPCs to explain that, it seems. The thing is, even if I ate absolutely nothing it would only be possible for me to lose 4 pounds per week! (and actually, I probably wouldn't lose that much, cos without the protein-rich Cambridge shakes, my body might go into starvation mode and slow down my metabolic rate).

I lost 1.5 pound last week and 2 inches and my CDC said that she was really expecting a bugger loss and she needed to find a reason as to why I hadn't lost more, she also said that she was ok with the loss because I had lost inches... Made me feel as though I hd to really insist that I hadn't cheated (which I hadn't), made me feel a little bad x

This is a really useful thread, thank you :) I lost 8lbs last week which was my first weigh in, I think with any diet you lose more in the first week. I've had a blip this week which I feel crap about - I forgot that Thursday was a friend's birthday meal out and I HAD to eat, it would really have been so rude not to, but I didn't enjoy it as I felt guilty and also bloated and a bit sick! I really hope I can still lose 3lbs! x

I have been 100% every week, and I only lose 3lb per week.

@JK,

And that is fab as you a smaller person... my friend, CFF, is 5'11' and can lose weight on 1500 calories a day!

You have done sooooo well.

@Beth,

When I ss, I am lucky to lose 2 pounds a week.

Because I'm a truly sad person,
Not sad at all -- informed.
I've actually worked out using the basal metabolic weight calorie requirements for a person of my age and size - I'm 41 and I'm bouncing around in the middle of the 14 stone range - that the most I could lose per week on SS is 3 pounds a week (that's on average - obviously I won't always lose that much. Some weeks I'll lose 2 pounds and other weeks I'll lose 4). When I've lost another stone (the way I'm going at the moment, that's more like if, but hey :rolleyes:), I'll only be able to lose 2.75 pounds per week because my smaller body won't require as many calories to maintain my new weight.
Fab explanation... I hope this helps people understand that if they are ssing and not having the amazing losses that some people have -- it is usually because they have a lot less to lose. Thanks Lily.

I am over 40; 5'4" -- if you fluff my hair a bit; small to medium frame; have done a VLCD preivously; and have a bmi of just over 25 (I am within 5 pounds of 25); so I am no longer ssing (have not been for some time) and I will take my 1.4 pound a week average loss and get goal a lot slower than I initially expected.

But, I am losing -- and also using the Beck book, so I am hoping that the longer time it is taking me to get to goal is being well used to learn how to stay there.

MM

Back