What/when do you eat before working out

Peanut butter and turkey seems to be recommended a lot (hopefully not together though...ewww). I eat a banana about 30 mins before hitting the gym and have a small brown turkey sandwich after.

When I'm doing kettlebells I usually do them before breakfast & manage ok but when I'm running I usually go out about 5pm so have a yoghurt & an alpen light at 3.30pm to tide me over. When I tried running without having anything I ended up feeling a bit faint. On the otherhand if I eat after 3.30pm I end up feeling sick so its quite a small window to have a snack :)

Hi sweet, I am like you in that the eating window is quite small, and coming home from work, walking the dog then grabbing food can be a tad hectic ;) luckily I got home early today, didn't have to walk the dog, so had some homemade soup, which will have time to settle before I go swinging :)

i know its full of sugar and not the healthiest, but one can of monster got me through 2 sessions of body attack, and im still feeling very energetic.

im up for having a can before the classes if it does that effect....

Hi gina is that one of those energy type drinks, as if you need more energy your the future of uks energy crisis ;) I think a girl on wed class has this, not sure if it's the same one it's in a bottle. Don't know if it would be counter productive for me if it's high in sugar as I like a calorie deficit as I only workout about 2 hours a week, your workout time is phenomenal so I can see you need the fuel, my goodness you can burn over 3000 cals mind blowing :) !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back