what wholemeal bread do you buy?

annabellz

I'm going it alone and been have been buying Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal Bread and using it as a HE but then realised it was a 800g loaf not a 400g so I guess I'm having to much and should class the extra as a syn?:mad:

I have tried weighing it but my scales are a little naff I think its around 50g but could be 40g!

So I was wondering what bread does everyone else get?

Nimble here too! (White and wholemeal)

I love WeightWatchers bread, especially toasted. Nimble is really flimsy and toasts into an awkward shape lol maybe that's just me being fussy. If I can't get WW bread I use any wholemeal I can find in Morrisons!

I use the WW brown danish because you can have 3 slices as a HEB

I like WW thicker wholemeal sliced bread (for toasting) it's 2 slices for a HEXB and I really like it, it holds a sandwich filling very well too without breaking up as the thinner sliced bread does.

We buy Kingsmill Tasty wholemeal and I just have the one size if I am on EE and 2 if on Red or Green as both HEXb's. I don't think it matters to me because I'm not eating it every day like I used to be.

Your Kingsmill bread is 4.5 syns for a medium slice and 5 syns for a thick one. And only one slice for a HEB. So as said either syn the extra or have two slices for 2 HEBs.

I like WW thicker wholemeal sliced bread (for toasting) it's 2 slices for a HEXB and I really like it, it holds a sandwich filling very well too without breaking up as the thinner sliced bread does.

I have this too, its great for sarnies and toasties not like the thinner one :)

I use Sainsbury's own brand thick sliced bread from an 800g loaf. I count 1 slice as a HEB. I like it because its got the highest fibre content of all the wholemeal loaves I've looked at. Nice and moist too :D

If you prefer normal medium sized slices from an 800g loaf you can count it as 1 x HEB + 2 syns as they're 4 syns per slice and an average HE is 6 syns.

As for rolls I get the Waitrose essential wholemeal rolls. They're 60g each, not quite 57g but 3g isn't worth worrying about.

I've just seen you can have 57g of ANY wholemeal bread as a HEb so maybe I'm doing okay as its slightly less than that,is that right?

Sorry to be a pain!

I've just seen you can have 57g of ANY wholemeal bread as a HEb so maybe I'm doing okay as its slightly less than that,is that right?

Sorry to be a pain!

Yes but your 50g will be for one slice I imagine - and you have been having two - so as said either have two slices for 2 HEBs or syn the extra bit :)

If you prefer normal medium sized slices from an 800g loaf you can count it as 1 x HEB + 2 syns as they're 4 syns per slice and an average HE is 6 syns.

You can't do this. A HEB is one slice from a 800g loaf, regardless of syn value. It is what it is, one slice!

As for rolls I get the Waitrose essential wholemeal rolls. They're 60g each, not quite 57g but 3g isn't worth worrying about.

Not for a one off but it's the little things we ignore which add up!

Didn't want to appear a grump up there ^^ but you need to get things right, these are the things which can make a differerence when we are struggling, we learn to adapt the plan and make our own little rules.
A HEX is approx 6 syns but not all of them are, eg 5 scan bran is only 2.5 syns.

I use 2 slices from a 400g loaf of Hovis Wholemeal.

Back