What will be your first meal after maintenance?

I am going to have a BLT sandwich.

Bread cut from a fresh loaf, really thin layer of margerine, lean cold bacon, a slice of lettuce and extra tomatoes.

Not that I've been thinking about it much......LOL.

xx

Well... Even the idea of having a lovely salad would interest me..
I would say a prawn salad with balsamic viniger or prawns with stir fry vegetables!!! its making me hungry again now!!

my fav dish ever is chilli con carne its the only thing I really miss! but full of carbs! sigh

I will def be making good choices though, I have not done this to put the weight straight back on again so need to be watchful of water I am going to eat!

my fav dish ever is chilli con carne its the only thing I really miss! but full of carbs! sigh

I will def be making good choices though, I have not done this to put the weight straight back on again so need to be watchful of water I am going to eat!

Well done Emma, I like the way your thinking thats what Im so scared about. i want to make good choices too... I am getting scared to eat one day

It's a long way off for me; but after years of treating my body like a rubbish bin, I'm hoping that I will be sensible enough to choose something that is nutritious! I'm not going through all this just to go back to my faves.
(She says, in hope)

xx

I am def going to treat myself i have decided to do like 3 days of eating what i would like then the rest a strict diet until im used to eating again.

For me, this is the start of looking after myself.. so I will eat all my faves again, but as healthy versions.
I know that if I eat like I have eaten in the past, I will end up at square one...
x

Well this is only my first day so all in the distant future, but think a steak and jacket potato will be in order.....either that or a chicken pesto dish....mmmmmmmmm, torture, lol!

for me, when I go home to Australia hopefully having finished maintenence I will have a beautiful steak with a jacket spud or a beautiful piece of grilled barramundi with a salad and Queensland scallops with a Turkish bread side, toasted with douka. I miss Aussie food!!

Im only on day 4 so that is a long way off for me :( although I do go on holiday the end of May and will probably eat then . Just going to try to make healthy choices and not go too mad.

At the moment any food would be nice :)

i was thinking about a nice chicken curry with brown rice. I have issues with snacking rather than meal choices so my plan is no snacking but crisps and dip on a saturday

Fish and Chips :eating: :party0027:

so many things come to mind, but i am looking forward to a weekly takeaway treat. will be healthy the rest of the week tho!

everything in moderation;)

Amy,
thats exactly what I am going to do . When I get to goal I am going to give myself a day where I either go out for dinner or have a take away not go mad but something I enjoy !! and stick to that. x

My wife makes a wicked chilli using the Quorn mince, veggies, and her own concoction of various types of battery acid for the kick!! She uses something called chilpotle chilli in it which has a smokey flavour ..... gorgeous!

I ate chilli etc after I first lost my weight (7st 4lb) and I managed to maintain easy enough. The only reason I have a few pounds to lose now is because I stopped exercising after a few injuries and like a fool did not adjust my calorie intake. Stupid mistake.

Anyway, what I used to do is to balance my intake over a week or so rather than day by day. I would be VERY strict during the week (Mon-Fri) as that was easily done due to the structure that work gave me, and I would exercise every weekday without fail. I applied this rule to bank holiday Mondays or other weekdays that were holidays. I would then relax the rules for Saturday and Sunday, though I would not be stupid about what I ate. Healthy versions of all my favourites ....

That way, I could say that I was having a chilli or whatever on a Saturday, and it was somethig to look forward to. In effect, I never denied myself anything - just made myself wait. Made it all the better when Saturday came.

I think if you plan ahead, and you know you are going to be naughty at a weekend, just reign in the calories during the week and save up a bank of spare calories for the weekend.

Just a matter of self-control .... and following this diet teaches you that for sure!!

I would kill for a nice lattee from costa with an extra shot ummmmmmm although I think about food 24/7 its the coffee I miss most on my way to work

Back