What will losing weight mean to you?

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Saw another thread where someone was asking for help to get motivated, and some of the responses really touched me.

I thought it would be good to have a thread where we can post lots of motivating thoughts and plans. Whether you are losing weight to look gorgeous walking down the aisle, or so you can go horseriding... post your reasons here.

I will start...

• I want to wear the clothes I love, not just the ones that are flattering.
  • I want to be super comfy in a cinema/aeroplane seat.
  • I want to go to a restaurant and have something naughty without feeling like I'm being judged as a total fatty.
  • I want to go skiing for the first time and not feel like Santa's overweight sister, all trussed up in all the winter gear.
  • I want to go to the gym and wear shorts.
  • I want to work out and SEE the results, and not just 'hope' I am getting more defined under the duvet of fat I carry around.
  • I want people to look at me and think I have a gorgeous figure (come on, we all have egos)
  • I want to wear a bikini and feel comfortable enough to wander along the beach/play volleyball or go out on a jetski.
  • I want my boyfriend to be able to carry me over the threshold if we ever end up getting married.
  • I want to be an active mum.

Can't think of many more at the moment, but will come back and add if I do!

Spotty xx

Some of those were really great points, can definitely relate to the one with the aeroplane seat! Also the clothes and the exercise ones aswell!

I'm sick of walking into a clothes shop, having a quick glance around and going "nah, none of this will fit me"... Also, I bought a pair of jeans a couple of months ago off a website online that I was sure would fit me. They didn't... So I'm determined to get into them.

Also, I really feel like being big has affected my love life lol and at this time of year especially, it really makes me feel quite miserable seeing all the couples etc. so I'm determined for that to change aswell.

Its upsetting that at 21, I'm in the worst shape I've ever been, I am in my prime right now!!! lol so I'm really glad to be here soldiering on with Exante with you guys.

My main one is so I don't always feel like the biggest person in the room! I am taller than everyone in my entire family as well so I have grown up with the phrase 'your a big girl' and I am sooooooooooo sick of hearing it!

I want to feel happy in my own skin, i want to be able to wear what I want and go where I want without trying to blend in and hide - I want to stop being shy because I worry too much about what other people think!

I figure if I can like how I look then it won't matter if other people don't like what they see - and Aaron I wasted my 20's being unhappy with how I looked the entire time - I will be 32 in jan and I aim to finally live the life I should have been living already - so good for you for doing it now!

I want to feel slim and healthy
I never Want to be told to lose weight by my gp again
I want to be an active mum
I don't want to be asked if I'm pregnant when I'm not
I want to wear fabulous clothes I love and enjoy going shopping again
I want to look forward to nights out/occasions
I want to be healthy
I want to feel comfortable in my own skin
I want to run 5km in really nice gear and look the part.
I want to stop constantly thinking about losing weight!!!!

I'm starting on jan, and I'm v v excited!

I agree with all of the above and can relate so much to them, but theres's one other reason for me - sexy underwear ;)
For someone like me with little confidence, who really doesnt see what my hubby sees, its a heck of a confidence boost to look good and for once, know it! Whilst I havent hit my target weight (4lbs off target), its my works Christmas party tonight and the undies and slinky dress is hanging up and I cant wait to wear it all. Having that dress hanging in front of me for weeks gave me the incentive to stick 100% to TS.
Cmon girls (and boys), we deserve to look good and we can do it :)

Wow trueblueangel - well done! I hope u feel fantastic at your night out!!!!

Trueblueangel - we're so on the same page!!!! I can't WAIT to get in to some sexy underwear looking good and feeling good thru n thru.. Can't wait to get back in to my lingerie - poor things have been rotting away in a cupboard for way too long! :(

I want to be slim so I can eat loads of kebabs and triple whoppers at burger king lol

LoL

No, I'm joking ;) I really do want to be slim so I can be happy with myself.

I want to be able to run around with my 2yr old girl without getting out of breath after a few minutes. And with a 4m old little boy too, I need to have the energy to run around with BOTH of them once he's walking!! :family2:
I don't want to be too embarrassed to be included in family photos anymore.
I want to feel confident that I'll look good on my wedding day (I won't even set a date at the moment because I feel ashamed of my size).
I don't want to develop illnesses like diabetes etc.
I want to eventually enjoy food instead of thinking of it as some kind of enemy.
I want to walk into a shop and pick up something I would like to wear without getting the disappointment in the changing room when their largest size is still too small :sigh:
I want to set a good example for my kids :)

Back