What word do you dislike the most and why

Its a yorkshire thing but i cant stad... 'arr lass' sounds sooo common - grrr !!!!!

I hate the word OBESE - ok I know I am fat, overweight, heavy, big, but please don't call me obese, it make's me sound like a freak......

Given it's associated with nice girlie stuff and treats I still can't help but gag when I hear the word PAMPER
:9529:

Innit, babs, babby...all make my skin crawl! oh and Mam yuk

Ooooh can I put 'axe' in as well? As in "I axed him why and he said dunno"...maybe should be spelt aksd...not sure...but I think you get what I mean eh?!

I can't stand the word copious.

I think it's because my biology teacher used to say 'copious amounts of mucus' too often

my friend always says "to be fair though" and "to be honest" it drives me mad, and the worst thing is, i've started using them myself!

xxx

Nice!

If you're going to describe something, please think of a more interesting adjective than nice - grrrrrrrrrr! (Think that comes from the teacher in me!)

And the other one... it's not a word exactly, but the incorrect use of words or grammar, e.g. We was going to the shops. No, you WERE going to the shops!!!!! Grrrrr again!!!

xx

Where do I start? Obese, FRUMPY! plump, and duck! Don't get me wrong I love the feathered kind, but when we moved to Staffordshire I hated being called "Duck" but after 12 years there I use it myself!

Nice!

If you're going to describe something, please think of a more interesting adjective than nice - grrrrrrrrrr! (Think that comes from the teacher in me!)

And the other one... it's not a word exactly, but the incorrect use of words or grammar, e.g. We was going to the shops. No, you WERE going to the shops!!!!! Grrrrr again!!!

xx
I was just about to say 'nice'!! An old teacher of mine always used to say nice wasn't a word!
My hubby uses it all the time-it drives me wild!!!

my ex used to call me "dear" which i hate. in the end i stabbed him and buried him under the patio (JOKE!)

xxx

Oooh i also despise Darlin (get called this alot at work by drunken guests, football maangers grrr) and the phrase 'do you know what a mean' !

I was just about to say 'nice'!! An old teacher of mine always used to say nice wasn't a word!
My hubby uses it all the time-it drives me wild!!!

So does my OH!! LOL! I cook him a really scrummy meal, with lots of tasty ingredients and lots of effort... and he says 'it was nice'! Arghhh!!! Please say it was delicious, or you enjoyed the spicy flavours, or something... not just nice!!!!!!! :mad:

xx

My real pet hate is when people say "I gave 110%"

YOU CANNOT GIVE MORE THAN 100%!!!

It winds me up more than anything I know. 100% is the maximum, it is a whole, the most you can have or give so why oh why do people insist they gave or can give more?!

I will now step away from the soap box...

lol @ gemmy lou!!

xxx

A gardening presenter on radio Humberside repeats "and such like" about 20 times an hour I end up shouting at the radio!

Back