What works for you?

**lisaz**

I was wondering if you all have a few syns each day? or do you save them for weekends or special days. I've had a few each day, but generally i'd like more during the weekend days but wondering if this hinders your w/loss. Has anyone seen a difference if they eat them daily or over a weekend?

Thanks

I still to the recommended 10-15 a day. If somedays I have less than 15 I dont carry them over. If I have a day/night when I'll need more I just have a flexi day.

Some days I struggle to have syns, so I used to force myself to eat them but I was finding that the next day I really needed my syns and would end up going over, so I sort of count weekly now. It means I can have a 25 - 30 syn day if I need it and can compensate the next day by keeping them low (or if I have a low syn day I won't force myself to eat because I know I'll need the syns another day). I always have syns every day, you need to have at least 5 a day.

Oh meant to say I haven't noticed any difference to my losses. If I've gained or STS it's usually a total binge that caused it - not the way I manage my syns.

I do my syns daily. For me, it's not healthy to do weekly syns - I'm prone to binge eating, so I can find it triggering to be 'low' on syns. If I go over my daily syns I just draw a line and get back to normal the next day :)

SW say you can use your weekly syns how you want! so do what works for you and importantly enjoy them x

I take each day as it comes. For the past couple of weeks I have been doing EE and noticed that some days I do not need to have syns at all and other days need them depending on what I cook. I am not fussed if I do not have all the 105 syns per week. Also I have not had dinner out since starting SW at christmas.

floweryrosie said:
I take each day as it comes. For the past couple of weeks I have been doing EE and noticed that some days I do not need to have syns at all and other days need them depending on what I cook. I am not fussed if I do not have all the 105 syns per week. Also I have not had dinner out since starting SW at christmas.

I'm exactly the same!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I count my syns weekly - Monday to Sunday - so that I can be more flexible at weekends, when I am often away from home and have little control over the menu, or entertaining at home. It's not to binge, but so that I can enjoy treats with the rest of my family at weekends. For example, yesterday I made an apple crumble and worked out that for the whole lot it was 60 syns :eek: We had a quarter each, which was 15 syns. Now normally I wouldn't use a whole day's syns on one portion of pudding, but I had gone into the weekend with 70 syns and still had 39 left for Sunday. So I not only had the pudding, but a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. On plan and guilt free.

BTW Weigh in is on a Friday, so that it's as far as possible from the weekend :D

I ont really count them at all tbh. I mean, I do write them down if I eat them but I dont say to myself oh youy cant have that because youve already had 15 syns today or oh you must eat something as you havent had any syns. I just try to cook healthy tasty stuff and that means the syns just take care of themselves. On a weekend I let myself have an evening off and have what I like.

It averages itself out over the week all on its own without me having to tell myself what I can or cant have. I just try to cook healthily these days.

I tend to use very few (if any) syns during the week, and then use quite a lot of mine on wine on a Friday and Saturday night.

I don't feel deprived during the week as I usually struggle to eat my meals and fit in my HEXs as well!

As for whether it affects my losses or not, not really noticed to be honest. And, as long as I'm still losing, even if very slowly, the way I do it just seems to work for me and I find it easier to stick to plan that way. Would rather do it my way, stick to plan reasonably well across the week and have slower losses than have my syns every day, not have syns left for the wine I want at the weekend and then go off plan altogether!

the theory is you shouldn't be saving all 105 and spending them at once... asides from the whole not good for you mentally (encouraging too much binging) its not good for your insides throwing that amount of junk at it at once!

I try to stick to eating roughly 5-10 on my good days, but counting them on a weekly basis. So i've a few extra saved for a curry or whatever at the weekend, but its not enough for me to say..."well i've not eaten any syns so i'll eat what I want"

Bitta common sense but combined with a bit of flexibility x

Back