What would you do ...

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all

I'm planning on going back to group next week as I know I need the support and I'm in a good frame of mind now I've got over having my gallbladder removed. I'm ready to get losing again :)

But...

Do I go back to my old group which is on a convenient day but where the woman is clearly only in it for the money and does my head in! She also doesn't deem to know the plan and can't answer questions.

Or

Do I drive further away on a less convenient day to a great consultant?

My heart says make the effort for the better group but I'm worried about fitting it in as I would prefer the other day.

This is probably a stupid question but I thought it would be good to hear if you all would make the change x

I would go to the other group. Having a consultant you believe in makes a massive difference. I go to a group that is not my nearest one because I had been to a group with that consultant before and did not like her at all. I think you need someone that will inspire you.

I would go to the other group and see if it works out for you because i think if you stay with your old group you will eventually get demotivated if you feel you are not getting the support which is why you are going to the group x

I think if you enjoy going to your group and get along well with the other members you will be so much more motivated to lose weight. When I used to do Weight watchers I hated the group and therefore it became a chore going and I lost interest however I am really enjoying my SW group and after my meetings I feel really positive about the following week ! So yes definitely go for the group with the better consultant :)

Definitely the other group!! I am moving house in about 4 weeks and I absolutely love my consultant at the minute, she has helped me loads. I am going to join a new group which is nearer but must say if the consultant is rubbish I will either start to do it at home or may consider travelling back to the old one, although it would be about a 15/20 minute drive one way in rush hour :-s x

Go to the other group. I went with a friend to her regular group and was amazed at how much different and better it was than mine!

Definitely go to the group furthest away, if the Consultant is better. As someone else said, you need to be inspired and motivated when you've paid for a meeting, otherwise you'll just get bored and frustrated. Don't forget, you can always change groups again, if it doesn't work out, so what have you got to lose, apart from lots of weight! : )

Thanks everyone :) I'm going to go to the.good group, and like you.said I.can always move xx

I'd go to the other, the one with the consultant you like. If there's ever a week where you really can't make it, then you can use the closer one as a back up group anyway. You're much more likely to do well if you feel supported by your consultant.

Go to the group with the better Consultant, as others have said, it will motivate you more & I'm sure the members will make you welcome & you don't know but old friends may also have joined the better group, Good luck.
Pete

Went to group, it was worth the drive :) the consultant does so much more and I'm feeling very happy and motivated now I've gone back :)

That's great. Some consultants are rubbish aren't they? Good luck with you weight loss journey x

I would go to the other group - a good consultant makes all the difference xx

Back