What's changed?

Just Peachy

Slowly But Surely
I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought would change in their lives by losing weight, and what has actually changed. Any surprises, disappointments?

Personally, I always thought I would be much happier if I were thinner. Well, I can tell you that 35lbs down, I am much more content on a daily basis because I don't loathe what I see in the mirror, but it's not all peachy (ugh, sorry). Better, but not fantastic. I thought I wouldn't be obsessed with food anymore but I still am, just eating a lot less of it and trying to control it. A nice surprise was that I don't hate my naked body anymore. I used to hide under blankets or clothes from my boyfriend but now I will gladly show him :) Makes a world of difference confidence wise, I tell ya.

I hope I will be much happier and can do ALL the things I have ALWAYS wanted to do but been to fat to!

Such as increase our family - weight causing period problems
Hang glide, paracute, absail and kayak
Join the TA
Play Rugby

I got a lot to do :)

As well as being happy and fit, I think I will always be battling food to be honest, I didnt get to near 330 pounds without having a few issues with food but as long as I can control it I will take that.

to be honest i never let being fat hold me back at anything i wanted to.
i am doing this so i can keep up with my kids. i want to be around for their older years! being an older mum and turning 40 this year i am having a mid life crisis. i cant say that going from a size 20 to a 14 has made me happier as i am always obsessing over food and exercise and it has made my other half very insecure. but i am doing it to be healthy. i still dont see myself as someone who has lost weight. i am just me. one thing i love doing now though is clothes shopping which i used to dread and always did online before. i love buying clothes off the peg now :D
at this stage in my life i have turned in to a weight loss freak and once i have reached goal i am hoping to be able to relax again although not relax too much that i put it all back on.
dieting is stressfull and i cant wait to put it behind me :D although it will always be there in moderation!!! :sigh:

I feel so much better, ive still got along way to go ! I cant wait to be able to go out with my friends and wear a nice dress :)
Also its sad i know but i cant wait to wear leggings...lol !
Its all them little things that will make a huge change to me !
x

I have a number of things i want to do once ive lost the weight, my dream is to be on the front cover of this magazine

images

Not unobtainable, ive done some pinup style shoots at this weight but if i lose it i will be MUCH happier.

My sex life is a bit crap now, i dont have the self confidence round my husband.

i just want to walk down the street and not feel like im being looked at for being fat.

I hope you get on the cover of that magazine Paula :) and that losing weight will be everything you hoped for.

I've still got a bit to go before I get to my target weight, but I feel so much better already! :D

My confidence is sky high the majority of the time these days, whereas before I just wanted to hide away. I hated meeting new people or people I hadn't seen in a while. Now I have a new job in a hotel meeting new people every day and love it!:D

I've suffered from depression for most of my adult life, but since starting low carbing I haven't had one down day and that's been amazing for me. I don't know if it's to do with cutting out all processed foods or what, but I'm not going to question it, as it's working for me! I've always had problems with bingeing since I was a young teenager, but I don't binge anymore and I'm in control of the way I eat for the first time ever! In work I'm surrounded by all sorts of pastries, breads etc which I can help myself to and I can honestly say I've not once been tempted to eat any of them!:eek: In the past I'd have been gorging on croissants and pain au chocolate.

My life has changed drastically since I've lost weight and I can only see it getting better as I continue towards my goal! The only disappointment I've had, is that my tummy still seems humongous to me, but I can live with that lol!!

Good Luck everyone.x

Wow, how inspiring! You must be truly proud of yourself.

Wow you all seems to have had such big changes! I'm really impressed!

I can't think of anything really that has changed, I'm maybe a little bit happier when I look in the mirror but not really. I'll have to have a think! Something must have!

Sugar, you've lost just about 3 stonne, surely something is different. Shopping easier? Better mood?

I am hoping to be comfortable in my own skin again and be able to wear slutty dresses with confidence and go out dancing!!!

I did not expect to hate myself so much. Now that I am in the place in my life where I can succeed at a diet I am being far to honest with myself and the truth hurts!

I hate that I let myself get so fat. I hate that I stopped being so active. I hate that I turned to food to solve my emotional problems... I miss the fat bird denial that comes with stuffing your face!!!

But... all that dancing in those slutty dresses will totally make up for it!!! xxx

confidence is 100% improved, i dont feel like people are staring at me, i enjoy shopping for clothes (a little too much actually!)

Ive also got a boyfriend! lol i think thats to do with my confidence rather than the fact im slimmer (well i'd like to think so..)

I know Peachy you'd think wouldn't you. Maybe I am a little more confident and the sizes I'm buying are getting smaller in the shops but for example I walk in most shops and still feel like the assistants are glaring at me thinking what is she doing here she'll never fit into our sizes - even in the ones that I know do sizes bigger than I need!

As a plus point I noticed today that I can now cross my legs in a ladylike way without having to hook my foot onto something in front of me to stop either my leg slipping or me being uncomfortable!

Sugar Im the same, I havent lost as much as you but I honestly dont think I will be happier until I dont class myself as fat anymore, I do this thing where when I go into a room, I search to see if anyone is fatter then me and at the moment it rarely happens, not helped by the fact my friends all look like models and when I started to diet, I weighed double some of them do!

Haha, sugar, I love the leg thing. I love that I can do that too now. I'm sure your head will catch up with your body soon enough, well let's hope so anyway.

Ria-Ditto :) Boyfriends do help, don't they?

Lindsey-don't be so hard on yourself. We're human and we make mistakes, that's why all of us are on here pretty much.. so just see that as a fresh start and do the best you can :) It's not the end of the world anyway!

My life has also changed dramatically on my weight loss journey.

Not only am I the slimmest I have ever been, (and 5lbs to goal!) I am the most confident I have ever been. I go out wearing bright colours, dont want to shy away when meeting new people and make sure I do things that push me out of my comfort zone and is new to me.

I have died my hair a bright shade of red, got my nose pierced and ran race for life in 36 minutes, and thats just been these past 2 months. I feel absolutley incredable.

I took up a Health and Nutrition home learning course in january and completed it this week, being awarded a diplomia instead of Certificate which i applied for, as I was awarded the highest grade possible of a Destinction. This has really motivated me into realising what i practise in my eating, is actually what should be done and experts agree!

My PCOS has got a lot better, as has my health in general. Im just generally a more happier and confident person and wont let anyone put me off what I want to do now. I can't wait to go back to uni in october and show everyone the new me..

The one thing that hasnt changed is my dire love life, but my confidence to hopfully attract a nice decent man has!

Aw, that's wonderful! I'm so pleased for you. I hope that confidence does in fact attract a nice man, sounds like you deserve it :)

Back