whats dinner tonight?

Zest for Life

Gold Member
Hi everyone,
I've written this once but not sure what I done, it went on Alines thread!
Sorry Aline;)

I'm having quorn fillets and mixed salad.

well I see now all you veggies have created a spot for yourselves; I could never be vegetarian but I respect anyone who is for following their beliefs - not just talking the talk :D

well I see now all you veggies have created a spot for yourselves; I could never be vegetarian but I respect anyone who is for following their beliefs - not just talking the talk :D

Cactus, everyone interested in vegetarianism is welcome to this subforum:)

If you ever eat a vegetarian dinner come here and post;)

Yup, and we'll give you recipes too :)

I'm having a rice salad with pickled gerkhins and sweet peppers, rocket and peas followed by a sweet and delicious melon.

Doing it while watching the eager consumption of all sorts of things I won't have ....

I don't think I would be a good vegetarian because I don't like vegetables ; )

Micci said:
Yup, and we'll give you recipes too :)

I'm having a rice salad with pickled gerkhins and sweet peppers, rocket and peas followed by a sweet and delicious melon.

Doing it while watching the eager consumption of all sorts of things I won't have ....

Oh I love rocket salad, eeeek, maybe this was not such a good idea, I want what your having now! Ha!

thecactus said:

Why not see if tech support will start up a chocolate/ kitkat forum?;)

mushrooms on wholemeal toast :D

not even sweet ones like sweet potatoes and carrots? Apparantly some people have taste receptors that make veggies in the broccoli family taste really bitter. Maybe that describes you. So trying small doses of the other sorts might help you change your tastes. Or could you eat them cooked with different herbs and spices? Like in Italian or Chines foods, or curries? Doesn't have to be fatty foods cooked our way.

You sound like a good challenge :)

Cactus, plain veggies can be boring but with the right seasoning they're very good. Give vegetables a go;)
I posted a Vegan bolognese on the vegetarian recipes thread. I think you could give it a go;)
If you're into fast food vegetarian pizzas can be very good: add some vegetarian sausages for that extra flavour!

Micci, your dinner sounds lovely. We had chili made with tomatoes, kidney beans, onions, mushrooms and sweet peppers.

plate full of veg!
a big plate though :)

Last night was fresh blueberry,strawberry and rasberries blended into a ice cold protien shake.

Karen, that shake sounds delicious :)
I love shakes/smoothies but I rarelly make them because they fill me up the time but after an hour or so I feel hungry again... I think I need solind munchies to keep the hunger away.

Yesterday's dinner:
- Whole wheat pasta with mushroom stirfry and cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange

Noodles with beansprouts, cabbage, carrot, and onion made with an instant chinese soup for flavouring - fruit salad with dragon fruit, cherries, strawberries, peach, melon. Did someone mention 5 a day?

Trouble is - I'm still hungry so I'll have a bowl of allbran too

Micci, I want your fruit salad!! I never tried dragon fruit (I never saw it around here I think) but the other fruits are some of my favourites;)

My dinner today was red lentil soup and 2 oranges

Red Lentil soup
- 3.5 oz red lentils (dry)
- 1 cup of diced broccoli
- 2 cloves of diced garlic
- 6 oz diced tomatoes
- salt, herbs and pepper to taste

Just cook everything together, it's super easy :)

What is dragon fruit?
Never heard of it.

Your dinner sounds lovely, :)

beansprouts, with carrots, peas, sweetcorn, runnerbeans, onions, chopped tomatoes and mushrooms stir fry :D

with a fruit salad of: pineapple, mango, blueberries, strawberries, pomegrante, grapes and apple to follow

Stir fry, rice and home made coleslaw.

Back