Whats for breakfast?

ColJack said:
How long would rice pudding keep if I made a big batch?
Might make a vat full and keep it in the fridge for "emergencies" :)

I'm really not sure, I've never had any left overs to keep! I'm not sure if its safe to keep and reheat rice? It only took 10 minutes on the hob this morning though

Ham and spring onion omelette x

ColJack said:
How long would rice pudding keep if I made a big batch?
Might make a vat full and keep it in the fridge for "emergencies" :)

I wouldn't bother with a big batch as it only takes about 10 mins in the microwave. I know that boiled rice shouldn't be kept for long as there is some sort of toxin it produces. Sorry to be vague but I'm no scientist. Maybe someone can explain it better than I can.

My breakfast is always the same.

2 weetabix (HEb), soya milk (HEa) and fruit :)

supergran52 said:
I wouldn't bother with a big batch as it only takes about 10 mins in the microwave. I know that boiled rice shouldn't be kept for long as there is some sort of toxin it produces. Sorry to be vague but I'm no scientist. Maybe someone can explain it better than I can.

Microwave? Please do elaborate?

I've never made it in microwave but I have it at least twice a week and its ready in just under 15 mins.
Boil rice for 10mins, drain then put back into the pan with some milk, I don't tend to measure but I put enough to just cover the rice. Add a couple tsp sweetener and a shake of ground cinnamon and pinch of nutmeg and stir while heating through. Beat an egg and stir it through. I usually then take it off the heat and stir through some chopped fruit, berries are good as they release juice into the rice pudding and colour/flavour it nicely :)

I've just had a bowl of porridge topped with strawberries and sweetener. That'll keep me going till lunch!

I had scrambled egg with tomatoes. Also had mullet light yoghurt with pineapple x

Rice pud sounds yum!

Today I had hex of wholemeal toast topped with scrambled eggs and turkey rashers with a bowl of apple, melon, banana and grapes (and a dollop of muller) on the side. Yum.

ColJack said:
Microwave? Please do elaborate?

Hi ColJack

I put the rice in a big microwave bowl and cover with cold water. Put in into the microwave for approx 10 minutes. Just check the first time that you have enough water and it doesn't get too dry. When the rice is soft and most of the water absorbed it's ready. I sprinkle mine with some sweetener, stir in a muller or activia yogurt and plonk some fruit on the top. If you like your pudding browned with skin on the top then you won't like my version, but I never did like rice that way.lol.

Glass of hot water with a slice of lemon and beans on toast hex b

Back