Whats for breakfast?

Can someone give me the recipe to these magic pancakes please, I'd love to try them, they are syn free right?

I've seen the recipe as being:

Soak porridge oats (usually HEB) in a muller light yog overnight.
Whisk 2 eggs and mix in to the oat mix along with some sweetener and vanilla essence.
Fry with fry light in a non stick pan.

I tried them this morning and the pan I have is rubbish so first 2 didnt work out well, then stuck the rest of the mix in some muffin cases and baked for 20-25 mins and they were yummy and very filling. Would be great for a snack too!

Can someone give me the recipe to these magic pancakes please, I'd love to try them, they are syn free right?

Here's Vixxster's original recipe:

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

You don't need to use cutters for this though as I just dollop it in when I make them and flip them as I would scotch pancakes :)

I mix 35gr oats(hexB) with 1 activia vanilla yoghurt overnight. Then in the morning add sweetener, vanilla extract and 1 egg. I then just spray non stick pan and cook them as I would normal pancakes:) . Many people also use total 0% yoghurt instead and sweeten to taste never tried it that way though.

I usually have quarter of a melon and a muller light. I haven't got bored of it yet but if i do i'll come on here again for some ideas :)

I have a banana first sliced up and put into a bowl. (Stay with me on this one, its a daily ritual). I have this whilst my 35g of porridge mixed with water is cooking in the microwave for 3.5 mins. I then take it out and let it thicken and cool a little. I then add a dash of skimmed milk from my allowance and enjoy. I could eat twice as much though ha ha :)

Originally planned to have shredded wheat, with a muller yogurt, banana and a black coffee...

Was so full after the shredded wheat, banana and coffee didn't want anything else!

Breakfast this morning was a nectarine, a banana, a satsuma and 2 oatbran. Yum!! :)

Back