Whats for breakfast?

Massive fruit salad of apple, blueberry, plum and banana with soya peach yogurt (2) and a HEXB of high fiber muesli. Very filling and I'm hoping it will sustain me unitl about 2, when i get to work :)

Fruit salad and a lemon greek style muller.

This is a good thread!

I had porridge with a mix of fat free natural yogurt and fat free Rachels yogurt (with syns counted!!) with a big handful of blueberries. Yum!

Can someone please remind me how to make the Syn free pancakes please? :)

Strawberries and fat-free natural yogurt

Muller light and fruit this morning, I'm saving both my HE for tea tonight

is it the ones using your HE of porridge oats you mean? or the ones i've seen posted using just egg, sweetener and vanilla essence?x
Either, but the ones using egg, sweetener and vanilla essence sound good as I don't want to have to use my HEX on oats as I like my Alpen light bars x

Either, but the ones using egg, sweetener and vanilla essence sound good as I don't want to have to use my HEX on oats as I like my Alpen light bars x

i came across this http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/72066-mmmm-yummy-syn-free-pancakes.html a few weeks ago...have tried twice but ended up with a bit of a mess and had to scrape it altogether (would be ideal to use a scone cutter (which i dont have) or something to stop it travelling all over the pan)
but think the magic porridge ones are make your magic porridge as normal and add eggs and sweetener. they're meant to be good and i'm tempted to try them today cos i have some ready...but i love the magic porridge and worried it would be a waste if i didnt like them lol x

just came across this too http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cottage-cheese-pancakes ...might give it a bash??x

ok so i tried the cottage cheese pancakes....not gonna lie, mine didn't look anything like pancakes and had a chewy consistency and a hint of the cottage cheese. the vanilla essence did help give them that sweetness, and i ate some...but glad i still have my magic porridge to fall back on when i'm hungry lol.
maybe i did something wrong but for anyone wanting the recipe...i found this online:

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Slimming Eats Recipe
Makes 6 pancakes
Green – syn free (without maple syrup)
Extra Easy – syn free (without maple syrup)
Original – syn free (without maple syrup)
I have seen various recipes floating around the internet for cottage cheese pancakes, most calling for flour. I love my American Style Pancakes recipe, but wanted to try and come up with a version that is syn free and is great for saving your Healthy Extra B choice for later in the day, I find that I am often using it at breakfast, and sometimes at lunch you just fancy a sandwich or similar and end up having to syn the bread. I wasn’t sure how they would work out without adding any flour to the mix, but I was really surprised when I sat down to eat them this morning, with some fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup (2 syns). You can of course just serve with fruit, if you want to keep this recipe syn free. But no pancakes in Canada can be served without a drizzle of maple syrup. It’s the law. Okay I may of made that up, but I seriously can’t do without my maple syrup.
Ingredients

• 100g of fat free cottage cheese (I used a small curd variety)
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp of vanilla essence
  • 1 teaspoon of stevia
  • Frylight or Pam spray
  • Fresh fruit of your choice (I used mixed berries)
  • Maple Syrup (2 syns) – optional
Method
Whisk the egg whites until you have stiff peaks. Add the stevia and whisk again for a few secs just to combine.
In a separate bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, egg yolk, and vanilla essence and then fold in the egg whites, until ingredients are combined and you have a batter type mix.
Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. (It is really important not to have your frying pan too hot or these will stick and burn).
Spray your frying pan with some Frylight or Pam spray and add a couple of spoonfuls of the batter mix for each pancake. (I cooked 2 pancakes at a time and then stacked them once cooked).
Once all pancakes are cooked, top with your berries and the optional Maple syrup, if using this

ps...i used a tablespoon of sweetener and whizzed the cottage cheese until it was smooth

Thanks for the recipe ideas, I ended up having a peanut butter sandwich (16 Syns!) instead oops! I really shouldn't have brought white bread the other day!!
I've actually just chucked it away so I'm not tempted anymore!!

mmm bet it was yummy!! i LOVE peanut butter!
i've not been too bothered but last week, bought a white loaf for the 1st time in ages (for my boys) and a wholemeal one too...when i went to make the school lunches i was like mmmmm....it was so soft and looked mega - haven't had any but i've already decided that when i've lost a stone, i'm having a toasted teacake...with butter - no matter what ;) lol x

Mmmm MissK that teacake is gonna taste delicious - especially after waiting so long!
I love crumpets and did have one toasted really well with proper butter and a lovely strong cuppa and it was pure heaven! Well worth using syns on treats you enjoy I reckon. Today's breakfast is pears - not exciting but I'm saving syns for cake later :D

Mmmm MissK that teacake is gonna taste delicious - especially after waiting so long!
I love crumpets and did have one toasted really well with proper butter and a lovely strong cuppa and it was pure heaven! Well worth using syns on treats you enjoy I reckon. Today's breakfast is pears - not exciting but I'm saving syns for cake later :D

ooh i like crumpets too...toasted, 1 with butter, 1 with jam!
i always keep my syns for goodies and have a pkt of crisps and something chocolatey once wee one's in bed so the thought of using some thru the day and having to miss that bothers me a bit.
i have 2 teacakes in the freeezer in preparation...one when 14lbs are gone and the other...dunno when ;) x

mmm bet it was yummy!! i LOVE peanut butter!
i've not been too bothered but last week, bought a white loaf for the 1st time in ages (for my boys) and a wholemeal one too...when i went to make the school lunches i was like mmmmm....it was so soft and looked mega - haven't had any but i've already decided that when i've lost a stone, i'm having a toasted teacake...with butter - no matter what ;) lol x
Lol it was, I love peanut butter and white bread! I'm not a fan of wholemeal at all! And I have lost 2st 3.5lbs so far so maybe I deserved the treat?
Lol when I get to target (3.5lbs away) I'm treating myself to a Dominos pizza as I've not had one since I started SW (August 2012) and I'm craving it! X

Back