Whats for breakfast?

I've just had a breakfast couscous but did it with hot milk from my allowance, 1tsp honey for 1syn and some ground cinnamon. Was really lovely with a chopped banana stirred through

I've just had a breakfast couscous but did it with hot milk from my allowance, 1tsp honey for 1syn and some ground cinnamon. Was really lovely with a chopped banana stirred through

That sounds yummy! Although I hate using my hexA at breakfast...mind you, if I planned my food properly it wouldn't be a problem, lol xx

That sounds yummy! Although I hate using my hexA at breakfast...mind you, if I planned my food properly it wouldn't be a problem, lol xx

It only used 60mls and as I use skimmed its left loads. I sometimes use half milk half cheese for my a but even then it still leaves plenty of milk x

I was 45g couscous, 60mls milk and 1tsp honey with cinnamon to taste. Brink milk and honey to the boil, add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Leave to stand for 5mins. Stir and add cinnamon. I also added a splash of boiling water at this stage to make it a bit more liquid so it was more similar to a porridge consistency rather than separated couscous pieces but its a matter of preference.

I was going to have this, but I've woken up too late! All I do is measure out some cous cous into a bowl and grate lemon zest into it. Cover it with hot water and leave for about 5 minutes. Fluff up the grains, add some lemon juice and sweetener and add whatever chopped fruit you want to eat with it :)

If I haven't got a lemon I'll sometimes make up some hot orange squash and use that to soak the cous cous :) xx

aww thanks for this...i might give it a bash - actually haven't ever made cous cous before but don't think you can go wrong...can you??? lol x

Fancy trying the cous cous have only ever had ainsleys flavoured stuff! Thanks for recipe
I had porridge with cinnamon n banana

Sorry to keep asking questions about this! I don't like rice pudding- is this a similar texture or is it a bit different? I LOVE coconut!

Please could you share the recipe never tried anything similar but very interested thanks

Sorry to keep asking questions about this! I don't like rice pudding- is this a similar texture or is it a bit different? I LOVE coconut!
It's not the same as pudding rice, it's more grainy? If you like couscous it's a bit like that. I really enjoyed it and tastes real nice using the koko/kara coconut milk xx
Please could you share the recipe never tried anything similar but very interested thanks
it's from slimming eats website (BritMumInCanada who posts on here, great site to check out!)

Coconut Quinoa Pudding

Author: Slimming Eats
Serves 4
Ingredients

1 cup (240ml) of uncooked quinoa
750mls of Silk coconut milk (2 HEa’s)
1 white chocolate options sachet (2 syns)
Sweetener to taste

Instructions

Thoroughly rinse the quinoa under a cold running tap.
Add to a saucepan filled with 2 cups of boiling water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all water is absorbed. Take off heat, but leave lid on for approx 10 mins to allow steam to continue to cook the quinoa until lighty and fluffy.
Stir in white chocolate options, sweetener to taste and coconut milk and heat gently until some of the milk has been absorbed into the quinoa and you have a nice creamy pudding.
Serve with your choice of fruit or topping.
This will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator.

*NOTE - For those in the UK, use 2 servings of Kara coconut milk. But as this is only 1/2 a hea per serving, be sure to use the remaining half of your HEa elsewhere in your day.

Toasted muffin :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had 2 boiled eggs and Heb bread with a muller for after! Still stuffed now xx

Back