Whats for breakfast?

I had my branflakes ect and was still hungry so I had 2 pieces of fruitloaf I don't have butter although I enjoy it that was fancied a little change I mashed half a banana up and spread it on well it was delish Mmmm think I've started something repeat tomorrow ;-) X

Morning :) I've just had 2 x cheese on toast (HEB 2x 400g bread and HEA 42g of reduced fat cheese) with a squirt of brown sauce. An apple 4 pieces of watermelon and a green tea.

I had my branflakes ect and was still hungry so I had 2 pieces of fruitloaf I don't have butter although I enjoy it that was fancied a little change I mashed half a banana up and spread it on well it was delish Mmmm think I've started something repeat tomorrow ;-) X

Remember if you mash banana u need to syn for it. If you just slice it then it is free xx

cooked breakfast :)

Ohh thanks for that !!
You wouldn't think it made a difference X

No probs :) its something to do with the energy density of the food. You if u mash, puree, juice or cook fruit then you have to syn for it. Xxx

I slice up cold new potatoes or tinned new potatoes and fry them in frylight with onions and then add beaten egg. It's not an omelette, more like scrambled egg - it's really scrummy.

No probs :) its something to do with the energy density of the food. You if u mash, puree, juice or cook fruit then you have to syn for it. Xxx

It still surprises me that slimming world keep trotting out this excuse for synning pureed or mashed fruit. There is no way that mashing or pureeing fruit can alter the nutritional value of the food, or the sugar content or energy density...it just isn't biochemically possible.

I can understand that smoothies need to be synned as there's a lot of fruit in a glass of smoothie, and despite being superfree foods, they still have calories so you consume a lot of calories in one glass.

Sorry if this sounded lik I was having a rant at you hun, I'm honestly not. I just despair of the Slimming World logic sometimes! Xx

It still surprises me that slimming world keep trotting out this excuse for synning pureed or mashed fruit. There is no way that mashing or pureeing fruit can alter the nutritional value of the food, or the sugar content or energy density...it just isn't biochemically possible.

I can understand that smoothies need to be synned as there's a lot of fruit in a glass of smoothie, and despite being superfree foods, they still have calories so you consume a lot of calories in one glass.

Sorry if this sounded lik I was having a rant at you hun, I'm honestly not. I just despair of the Slimming World logic sometimes! Xx

i get that we might consume more if they're juiced etc but realistically, if we were making say a banana sandwich, and mashing it on to the bread...how is it any different to slicing it on then eating it that way?
i see some of what they're saying but get confused with others x

i get that we might consume more if they're juiced etc but realistically, if we were making say a banana sandwich, and mashing it on to the bread...how is it any different to slicing it on then eating it that way?
i see some of what they're saying but get confused with others x

That's exactly my point...mashing up one banana for example is exactly the same as would be done to it as it goes through the digestive system.

Madness! Lol! Xx

Hey, I certainly wont take offence lol!! I dont eat bananas lol but I total get what u mean if u r having 1 banana sliced or mashed its still 1 banana.... thats why I still have smash pizza as long as its a meal as I dont consume anymore smash than I would have if I had ate it as potato (probably less lol) I get that u cant have it as a snack cos its unlikely id eat a bag of smash as a snack if I was hungry :) If it affects my loses I wont eat it. I was only saying as it may affect weight loss so if It does doe some reason we dont quite get the why not just slice it instead. It pickles my head as well xxx

Right think I'm having a change for breakfast

1 tin of reduced s&s baked beans
4 pieces of WW Brown Bread
Red Onion
And a cup of tea !!
Might have a banana
Should keep me happy till
Lunch time ;-)

How many syns is soreen malt loaf- I like that with sliced banana on!

Back