Whats for breakfast?

I have pudding rice and mix it with berries, banana and yog.

Me too, you can make up a batch of pudding rice in the evening when you have time, and it lasts for a few days. It tastes really yum with some fruit and yoghurt. I llike to vary the cooking of the rice with flavours like cinnamon or cardamom and eat it with raspberries or frozen cherries and yoghurt. Another prepare-ahead idea is mini quiches which might sound like a lunch thing, but you can make them with bacon, mushroom and tomatoes which is pretty much a breakfast in a quiche, grab a couple on your way to out the door to work.

I have either 1 1/2 shredded wheat or 2 x weetabix topped with a banana most mornings.... Sometime I will have strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, blackberries, melon with a 0% vanilla yogurt.

Thank you xmiss, Peggydee and Diamond.

Hmmm very interested in the pudding rice idea. Do you just cook it in water then add flavourings when ready to eat it?

I had cous cous one day for breakfast with yoghurt mixed in but the cous cous was still warm so it wasn't the greatest idea I'd had so far tbh.

Nice to know there's people out there with better ideas than I managed to come up with myself

Me too, you can make up a batch of pudding rice in the evening when you have time, and it lasts for a few days. It tastes really yum with some fruit and yoghurt. I llike to vary the cooking of the rice with flavours like cinnamon or cardamom and eat it with raspberries or frozen cherries and yoghurt. Another prepare-ahead idea is mini quiches which might sound like a lunch thing, but you can make them with bacon, mushroom and tomatoes which is pretty much a breakfast in a quiche, grab a couple on your way to out the door to work.

i like this mini quiche idea too. I love quiche and have seen the SW recipe so will give this a go. Thank you :eek:

I've had a Breakfast Banana Split for a lovely brunch this morning after a nice lie in.

1 banana halved and filled with Total 0% Greek yogurt, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.

I attempted an egg wrap this morning with a quorn sausage and a wee spreading of tomato ketchup :drool: x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2391973840.jpg
    image-2391973840.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 98
How did you make your egg wrap hun? Xx

I just made it in the frying pan like you would an omelette...just 2 eggs and the plan was to flip it, but I couldn't, so I faffed about trying to get it out the pan, turned over and back in to cook the other side in one piece lol

It was good though, I'll keep at it to try find the easiest way (and keep an eye out for tips lol) x

I just made it in the frying pan like you would an omelette...just 2 eggs and the plan was to flip it, but I couldn't, so I faffed about trying to get it out the pan, turned over and back in to cook the other side in one piece lol

It was good though, I'll keep at it to try find the easiest way (and keep an eye out for tips lol) x

To cook the top of an omelette I put it under the grill - that way you don't need to try to flip it. I have done the same with pancakes as well

I'd usually do that....but my grill died a while ago :( lol
My moans for a new cooker will pay off eventually and then I'll be sorted ;) x

It may have also worked if you placed a pan lid on your omelette pan...the steam would set the top of your omelette/wrap :) xx

Just had the most amazing breakfast! A wholemeal roll (B) layered with mushrooms, onion, bacon and cheese (A) and a Quorn low fat sausage. Mmm!!

I've spoilt myself this morning with a cooked breakfast. :drool:

Bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes...delicious!

I really need to work out how to take a photo and upload it to the thread, I love looking at what other people are having as typing it out never does it justice. :giggle:

Full English Omelette

1399280331548.jpg

Made w/ 2 eggs, 1 ww sausage (1 syn), 1 bacon, red onion, mushrooms, baked beans, 1 babybel light (grilled the top to make the cheese melt!)

A berry bowl for me.

Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries layered with a vanilla muller light.

Back