What's for dinner girls (and/or boys)?!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
:p Am having midweek roast! Nice roast chicken with butternut squash colcannon (ala Vixx) carrots, mushrooms, stuffing and gravy!!

Can - not - wait!!!

We had fresh mackerel - a friend of our our's went fishing this morning and bought us some round (already gutted and filleted - I hate that job) they were lovely and so fresh, we had new potatoes and salad with it, plus Homemade natural yoghurt with smooth fruity jam stirred through it.....lovely.

I had SW chips, quorn nuggets and peas - all I could be bothered after a day of bug hunting, croquet and pond dipping!!! Was nice though :)

I had pasta bake with chicken, peppers, onions and courgettes in and Nimble garlic bread.
And I have home made rice pudding for later!

Yum

well, i had homemade beef burgers topped with melted babybel light cheese and butternut squash chips!!All free on red!I love this!!:p

Hi all,

I tried the tortilla recipe from the most recent SW magazine tonight- it was really easy to make and delicious with a salad!

well, i had homemade beef burgers topped with melted babybel light cheese and butternut squash chips!!All free on red!I love this!!:p

Do you just make the butternut squash chips like you would with potatoes, ie the frylite etc.

I had steak and onions, mushy peas and potatoes.

Do you just make the butternut squash chips like you would with potatoes, ie the frylite etc.

I had steak and onions, mushy peas and potatoes.

Yes, all i do is slice up the butternut squash, put a bit of salt on then fry light-and put it in the oven until crispy. I dont par boil it so usually takes about 30 mins.xx

I am sooooooooo jealous of you all.

Am working away this week (for the 3rd month running) and miss homecooked food so much.

I ate in the hotel restaurant and had tune nicoise salad with no dressing- was dry, boring and lonely- but still foodoptimising despite the hurdles and didn't have pudding.

Can't wait to get home for lovely burgers, bolognese, makerel, tortillas, pasta bake, beef casserole, roast chicken and sw chips........ have a bite for me girlies!!!!

xxxxxx

Consider a bite taken on your behalf cocktailprincess!

I know how you feel. I have recently changed jobs but my previous job I worked away a lot and it was tough. I don't just mean the food optimising whilst away but the being alone is hard.
Keep your chin up and think how proud you will feel when you get back and have managed to still lose weight!

your very strong minded to stick with the diet when away,get way easily tempted hehe

I am sooooooooo jealous of you all.

Am working away this week (for the 3rd month running) and miss homecooked food so much.

I ate in the hotel restaurant and had tune nicoise salad with no dressing- was dry, boring and lonely- but still foodoptimising despite the hurdles and didn't have pudding.

Can't wait to get home for lovely burgers, bolognese, makerel, tortillas, pasta bake, beef casserole, roast chicken and sw chips........ have a bite for me girlies!!!!

xxxxxx

:p well done cocktail princess! You're so good being away in a hotel and still food optimising. I'm not sure if I could!

Dinner all gone now though :-(

Oh, and I decided my mash was called butternut florentine colcannon crush, ha ha ha!! (it had cooked cabbage and wilted spinach in it)

OH is now on the sofa watching the footy with a mouthful of last night's polenta muffin and a cup of tea. He's sliced the muffin in half lengthways and slathered it in butter though, the git! :D

2evujk3.jpg

Note OH's plate hs skin on the chicken, peas and lots of stuffing. Cryyyyyyyy :cry:

Is all gone now :-( Am pondering using my 2nd HEB on a minty chocolate HIFI bar. And a cuppa.

HAHA awwwww. I save my daytime syns midweek to keep me going in the evenings so I can snack without impunity :p I had zero syns alllll day! At 9am I was munching on chunks of pineapple, kiwi and grapes. And glaring angrily at them whilst my work colleague had a sausage butty from the canteen.

Back