Whats for dinner?

Angellore

Ok. What's everyone having for dinner tonight? I'm having quorn chilli. Incase you want to know here's the recipe. It makes a huge batch up, so I made it the other night and portioned it.

Bag frozen quorn mince
An onion
Lots of mushrooms
2 tins chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
3 teaspoons mild chilli powder (or more if you want it hot!)
Frozen sweetcorn
Frozen peas

Fry the onions and mush in spray oil until soft. Add the quron, tomatoes, garlic, chilli powder and bring to boil. Simmer for around 20 minutes (don't put the lid on the pan and it will thicken). Put in the frozen sweetcorn and peas and cook for a further 10 mins.

All done. I'm having it with a bag of uncle bens rice and a tablespoon on ver low fat natural yoghurt.

The chilli is totally syn free by the way!

Im having cheesey mince with bacon in! We normally go to my mum and dads for Sunday tea - but they're away! How inconsiderate of them!! x

Just had Syn free chips, 2 fried eggs usinf frylight and mushy peas. it was lovvvvely. Loobylou

Made a quorn lasagna earlier and had a massive slice with some syn free chips.

Delicious mmmmmmm x

Hi time4action, can i have recipe for quorn lasagne please, sounds lovely. Thanks xxx Loobylou

Had a huge bowl of fruit by the side off me, when I went to play in the arcade hours ago, (that place is addictive) and now it's nearly all gone, so I'm gonna have to miss dinner because i've no room left lol

our oven broke on friday so we've only got the hob and microwave! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

couldn't be bothered to cook so i had linguini with laughing cow cheese traingles(A) stirred in, chopped tin tomatoes and low fat cathedral city (A) grated on top.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

have only had 2 sins so far today... think i will binge on some mini milks later!

Hi Looby, here's how I make my quorn lasagna.

These quantities make a BIG lasagna which serves about 6 servings or more.

2 Onions
1 large Courgette
1 tub of Mushrooms
3 cloves Garlic
All chopped up and popped in a pan with a little Fry light. Fry off until soft. Add 2 tins of chopped tinned tomatoes. 1 small carton of passata, 2 tblsp of tomato puree and about 1/2 pack of quorn mince (I get Asda meat free mince in the freezer section).

Simmer for about an hr to reduce the liquid a bit.

In a bowl pop in a tub of quark and a small tub of very low fat Fromage Frais. Whisk together and add skimmed milk to get the right white sauce consistency.

Build lasagna in oven proof dish, layer of mince, layer of lasagna, layer of white sauce.

I often leave a bit more sauce for the top layer and then add 28g grated cheeze and pop into the oven for about 30 mins at 200 degrees.

I think I've remembered everything. What I usually do is cut into portions when cold and freeze in portions.

Enjoy.

T4A x

Hi Time4action, thanks for that i will give it a try, sound really nice. xxx Loobylou

Back