Whats for lunch today.?

debbywebby1970

Silver Member
What lovely things are we all having today.?
I have just had SW wedges, and an Asda Meat Free chicken style fillet...
anyone else tried these.? Absolutely GORGEOUS...AND they are a superfree food.... I wont go back to Quorn after this...

I've switched from quorn sausages to Tesco meatfree Lincolnshires, what's the texture and taste of the Asda meatfree chicken like? Defo a free food too? xx

I've had Brunch today as I was too late for brekfast and too early for lunch.

I ate 2 Morrisons eat smart Cumberland sausages (half a syn each), 1 rasher of bacon, baked beans, fried egg and a slice of toast.

That should tide me over till dinner which is a burger with a babybel hidden inside, onions, sw chips and corn on the cob followed by Apple Betty that I'm making for the 1st time today.

I just had my lunch and it was gooorgeous!

Baked potato (which I roasted using spray oil!), tin of mackerel fillets in a spicy tomato sauce and a side salad! Should tide me over until dinner time, having lamb roast! I am on extra easy btw!

Brunch was HM chilli bean soup and a wholemeal roll as we've both got really bad hangovers from a wedding yesterday......

Just had a sweet potato (jacket) and some grated Cheddar (HEX A) was lovely and just what I fancied! Quorn sausages and roasted med veg for dinner later xx

Lunch for me was pasta mixed with sweetcorn and tinned mackerel with tomato sauce and dinner will be Sunday roast

Roast Gammon
Roast potatoes & roast parsnips using fry light
usual veg
and then bisto gravy (syns obviously)

Today is my first day back on the wagon and has gone ok so far.

I made a huge pot of veg soup using up all the veg I had left over from the week .... onions, carrots, celery, butternut squash, mushrooms, 2 potatoes, garlic and added a tin of mixed beans and lots of herbs. I whizzed it a bit with a hand blender but its still nice and chunky. Absolutely gorgeous and Free on Green :)

Hi - well my lunch was a bit of a funny mix, which was just using what was in the fridge ! I had mackerel in tom sauce, sprouts and then dry fried onion, leek and sweetcorn, it was pretty good. The rest of my day (breakfast (HA+HB) and snacks (Free)) has been neutral so far, so I'm not sure if its better to go red, green or EE now !
Gobolino x

I had a late breakfast a nice cooked one...Am on EE
So not having lunch til much later.
It's gonna be a homemade beef burger, garlic new potatoes and salad..

Not sure what pudding I am having, may check one out later.
The apple betty is lovely btw...

Just had a big plate of couscous and half a packet of asda meatfree chilli - all free on a green day. Yummy - but now am stuffed and don't want to eat for a week :)

xx

These are gorgeous... good size, very filling, and they go nice and crispy on the outside. The texture is nothing like the Quorn fillets at all. They are bloody gorgeous... my OH hates anything like Quorn etc and even he said they were gorgeous and could I get more of them.
On offer in Asda at the minute for £1.
DEF check them out, they are delish.
The box they come in tho, the picture does NOT do them justice tho so dont let that put you off.
Enjoy. ! ! !

I've switched from quorn sausages to Tesco meatfree Lincolnshires, what's the texture and taste of the Asda meatfree chicken like? Defo a free food too? xx

I had a soup with lentils, squash, tomatoes, carrots, a small sweet potato, turkey and rice. Yum!

thanks for the tip I will defo try those Asda fillets! Anything to bulk up my superfree food intake! xx

I'm sorry to break a few bubbles here but most of the Asda meat free range is not syn free because it's made of soya protein and not quorn. Most has only a small syn value but worth remembering and therefore not superfree either.

Asda Meat Free, Chicken Style Pieces, frozen 350g pack

red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns

Asda Meat Free, Chicken Style Fillets, twin pack, frozen 115g each

red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns

Asda Meat Free, Lincolnshire Sausages, 5 pack, chilled 56g each

red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

Asda Meat Free, Meatballs, frozen 400g pack

red.gif
Original 3 Syns
green.gif
Green 3 Syns

Asda Meat Free, Mince, frozen 600g pack

red.gif
Original 8 Syns
green.gif
Green 8 Syns

I'm sorry to break a few bubbles here but most of the Asda meat free range is not syn free because it's made of soya protein and not quorn. Most has only a small syn value but worth remembering and therefore not superfree either.

Asda Meat Free, Chicken Style Pieces, frozen 350g pack

red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns

Asda Meat Free, Chicken Style Fillets, twin pack, frozen 115g each

red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns

Asda Meat Free, Lincolnshire Sausages, 5 pack, chilled 56g each

red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

Asda Meat Free, Meatballs, frozen 400g pack

red.gif
Original 3 Syns
green.gif
Green 3 Syns

Asda Meat Free, Mince, frozen 600g pack

red.gif
Original 8 Syns
green.gif
Green 8 Syns

Ouch!

It's awful to be the bearer of bad news but it's better to be aware of the 'syn pits' than to go on blissfully unaware.

I didn't think the Asda stuff was syn free, i was surprised but it seemed reasonable that the fillets were.

TESCO Lincolnshire meat free sausages, which is what I have, ARE free though. :D

Back