Whats for tea tonight?

shezam said:
Not sure what to have tonight, I really fancy chips, but have no idea how to get my 1/3rd superfree in, im thinking just chips, salad & ham!

Why not make 1/3 of your chips from carrots? Or swede or celeriac I am obsessed with veggie chips now they're lush!

Purplebint said:
Slow cooked faggots (1.5syns) in a thick onion gravy, carrot and swede mash and fried kale.

*shudder*

Ohh recipe please?

Okay! I blended two tins of chopped toms with half a cup (8tbsp) low fat peanut butter, three cloves of garlic, 2tsp cumin, 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1/4tsp cayenne pepper and 3/4tsp salt. If you have fresh coriander, chuck some of that in too. I don't so I just throw in a good sprinkle of dried. Once well combined that goes into the slow cooker with one drained tin of chickpeas and masses of peeled and chopped sweet potato. I bung it on LOW for 8ish hours, then throw in a load of frozen green beans for the final 15 minutes or so.

This really does 4-6 servings, my husband and I are both total gannets so we only really get 4 servings out of it. I do leave a lot of the sauce for him though so it's lower in syns, they could be dropped further by using less PB. I love it as it is though, it's rich and earthy!

Bolognese pasta bake tonight

Roasted red pepper soup

homemade scotch egg and salad

half syn roulade with a choc shape delight in it and fresh raspberries (5 and a half syns whole cake)

Shirleen said:
Why what's it done to you???? Lol
I'm trying it Friday night x

Lol pmt

Shirleen said:

My mum used to make me eat faggots when I was little :( used to buy mr Brains from Kwick save... Didn't think anybody ate them out of choice ;)

Think I'm having light choices tesco sausages (1 syn each) with salad and maybe baked beans. :)

Was going to have Chicken egg fried rice with broccoli but just saw Spag bol mentioned so now im undecided, think il leave it upto the OH to choose.

Making cannelloni stuffed with mince (rather than the spinach variety!) - it's a SW recipe and it's lush!! I add loads of mushrooms, onions, peppers and use tomato passata (so lots of SuperFree!) and saved my HEa for cheese! ... great with SW chips!! :D (and the OH loves it and he's not on SW!)

Back