What's for tea tonight?

Ended up having Risotto Verde tonight and some roasted mini peppers, yummy but a bit too stodgy, not the same without garlic bread! :(

poppy100 said:
chicken casserole with baked potatoe.
not really sure about the "rules" folk mention. is it about the percentage of fat in each meal. i am not really sure how much fat is in some of my meals.

Hi Poppy the rule so to speak is that no food you eat can have more than 5g o fat per 100g & no more than 15g per meal. Have you joined myfitnesspal? That is how I work out calories & fat x

Poppy.. I really used to struggle with that but started choosing whole lean lumps of meat to be minced etc to know how much fat was in things.. Slightly more expensive but cheaper than loads of pairs of pants! butcher will remove all visible fat then mfp will work it out for me when I use leaner cuts if meat. Hope that makes sense!

Dinner tonight was spaghetti Bol with raddish salad.. Even convinced my oh to try the salad xx

Lucy:D said:
Poppy.. I really used to struggle with that but started choosing whole lean lumps of meat to be minced etc to know how much fat was in things.. Slightly more expensive but cheaper than loads of pairs of pants! butcher will remove all visible fat then mfp will work it out for me when I use leaner cuts if meat. Hope that makes sense xx

I was wondering about that earlier, going to the butcher I mean x

They are really excellent. Got a few bits of meat recently which had too much fat on( in a supermarket) and they took it off no bother. Like every bit. So now I take anything I but so it can be cut off- its cheaper as your not paying for the fat and your not getting the fat in your diet!

They sometimes look at u when u ask for Serloin to be minced but tbh I don't care!! Makes my meals yummy xx

Omg- should read proof first.
.. Should have visible fat and that any fat I see should be cut off!!
Doh! Stupid IPhone!!x

Thanks everyone. that really helps.

Turkey Cranberry Burgers tonight. No Chips tho, Already on 14g of fat for today....

I just found those microwave steam bags... They are sooo cool :) just had a tesco light meal with some steamed broccoli for lunch :)

Mis-behave said:
I just found those microwave steam bags... They are sooo cool :) just had a tesco light meal with some steamed broccoli for lunch :)

What steam bags? They sound good.

You could make 'slimming world ' chips with your burgers.

Cut chips spray them liberally with fry light and 'roast ' in the oven .
Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morrisons sell the steam bags, £1 for 25. mine are called steamabag, they're food. Some veg goes a bit rubbery but for the most they're good & quick x

Good to know they do them somewhere else cos Morrisons haven't had any more in, were they just with the foodbags & foil etc?

Back