Whats for tea?

We had grilled turkey breast steak with thyme, frozen roast potatoes, boiled carrots, sprouts, stuffing and gravy. Came in at 548 calories and it filled me right up :)

Tonight I'm doing quorn chilli con carne with rice and half a plain naan. 599 calories :)

My husband reliably informs me it's going to be ultra lean mince with carrots and onions, crushed spuds (that's mash with no butter or milk to non-foodies like me ;)), and a selection veggies according to what he can find in the fridge and freezer.

Calories to come later when all is weighed and counted :)

I've just looked in the cupboard and I've got very little in, I've got a jar of home pride herb and garlic potatoe bake, I will get some gammon and with it we will have home grown cauliflower & cabbage, peas and carrots. Will add calories later x

I've just looked in the cupboard and I've got very little in, I've got a jar of home pride herb and garlic potatoe bake, I will get some gammon and with it we will have home grown cauliflower & cabbage, peas and carrots. Will add calories later x

Oh my - do you have caulis already Claire? Mine are only just starting to heart up! The only thing I am picking from the garden just now is mixed salad, radishes, kale, spinach, mange tout/peas and swiss chard (only small amounts) We also have masses of raspberries and gooseberries :) Everything else is far from ready yet, although I do have purple sprouting broccolli, calabrese brocolli, cauli, sweetcorn, spuds (earlies and lates), runner beans, white/red/savoy cabbage, butternut squash - and inthe cold frames cucumber, chillis, peppers and tomatoes in nothing is ready to go yet and it's all being decimated by the ruddy slugs just now with all this flaming rain :mad:

To be honest annya I only grow cucumber and tomatoes, strawberys mixed salad leaves, I've got a herb garden with bay leaf, fennel, chives, sage, thyme, rosemary, coriander and mint.
My dad is the keen allotmentist and grows all sorts.
If I had the time and the room I would.
But yes he has some pretty decent sized cauliflower and lovely cabbages growing x

To be honest annya I only grow cucumber and tomatoes, strawberys mixed salad leaves, I've got a herb garden with bay leaf, fennel, chives, sage, thyme, rosemary, coriander and mint.
My dad is the keen allotmentist and grows all sorts.
If I had the time and the room I would.
But yes he has some pretty decent sized cauliflower and lovely cabbages growing x

Excellent - the downside of living 600ft above sea level as we do is that the crops are a few weeks behind! Looks like I will have a decent show this year though as long as I can keep the little black slimy devils under some sort of control. We have slug traps and I empty dozens of drunken, drowned slugs out of them every day!

Marks & Spencer Seafood Linguine from the "Fuller For Longer" range - 420 calories
Marks & Spencer Stuffed Pepper Half - 135 calories

lastnight we had pasta salad, which is basically pasta and whole array of salad type vegebubbles with salad cream, ham and a small bit of reduced fat cheese, a jacket potato with houmous, and salt and pepper :) was very very filling and lasted me all night. but, it came in over 600 cals but i didnt have my 2 100 cal snacks in the day so used them at tea time :)

tonight we're having bernard matthew southern fried crispy chicken (288 cals for one rather large one, on offer in lidl) with salad and potatoes. havent worked out cals yet but it wont be humungous :)

Last edited:
2 x Ross fish in butter sauce, crushed spuds, carrots, peas and fine green beans with a lo-cal jelly pot for pud for me. 429 calories all in - and I was STUFFED!

A shake for me tonight - I have not had the best of days today, but on track to stay within my calorie goal if I have a shake and perhaps some carrot sticks and hummous later if I am starving!

But if I am hungry later it is my own fault for making poor choices today and I can't and won't moan about it!

Annya said:
A shake for me tonight - I have not had the best of days today, but on track to stay within my calorie goal if I have a shake and perhaps some carrot sticks and hummous later if I am starving!

But if I am hungry later it is my own fault for making poor choices today and I can't and won't moan about it!

Well done for staying under calorie. We all have down days so don't beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a fresh start xx

mcv said:
Tonight is Indian takeaway, chicken rogan josh and mushroom rice yum yum x

Just saw on mfp! You did well stay under cal goal!

Ham, feta cheese and boiled egg salad for me tonight with Walls light vanilla ice cream to follow. WAY under calories tonight as I have earned back 815 calories with exercise - busy day!

It's Sunday so roast chicken dinner, lots of veggies, roasted BNS and new spuds. No Yorkie pud and limited gravy. Calories later when I have weighed and measured everything at tea time!

EVENNING UPDATE: 535 calories the lot and I can't move for food!

Last edited:
we're having what we had last week, grilled turkey breast steak, with loads of boiled veg, some stuffing and gravy. cannot wait!!! gonna start it at 5 and sit at the table with my son and partner and thouroughly bloody enjoy it!!

lastnight i had bernard matthews crispy chicken escalope again with jp and salad. was v v v v nice with some low cal mayo :)

tonight im doing stir fry beef strips with fine green beans, carrots, spring onions, noodles and sharwoods something or other sauce, and it comes in at approx 404 cals!! i think i may have to have something extra as i only had half a slim fast coz my son used all the milk with his cereal :/

Nice :) I had homemade soup for lunch and a shake for tea. I am trying to snack more frequently during the day to kick my metabolism up the backside so lunch was lo-cal and snakcs have been a bit more "weighty".

I am zig-zagging calories just now too to see if it helps my slow losses - I know I am close to target and it is getting harder by the week but it is still frustrating!

Last edited:
Hi Annya, I've read lots of your posts, and your doing so well. It's so frustrating when you want to loose those final few pounds (been there many times) but from what I've read you are one determined lady:) you can do it!

Back