Whats for tea?

Annya u are doing brill how long has it taken u to get to a 12 xx

Thank you Lucy. I started on Sliming World back in May 2011 and did quite well to begin with then just started gaining and losing back the same half a stone for months on end so I decided to change things up as it clearly wasn't working for me :rolleyes: :mad:

So I switched to Slim Fast/calorie counting at the end of February and have made steady (albeit slow) progress since apart from a very frustrating 4/5 week plateau which I broke recently by actually eating MORE! I have had a bit of a set back as I gained 3.6lbs on holiday in Rhodes over 10 days, but have shifted 2.6lbs of that already and hope to get the other pound (and perhaps a bit more?) off this week then start back downwards.

So, all in all, it has taken me just over a year to go from a tight 16 jeans (honestly an 18 would have likely fitted me better, but I refused to go there!) to a comfortable 12. I may get into a 10 by the time I get to target, but it all dpends where I lose the last 11 pounds or so and I think it will prbably come off my pooch, thighs and upper arms which are all still quite flabby.

I do a lot of walking, jogging, elliptical and stationery cycling to help burn a few extra calories as I am a desk monkey for 8 hours a day 5 days a week (one of the reasons I got fat in the first place!), but I also do strength training DVDs (mostly Jillian Michaels) to help tone up as I do have flabby bits and at 52 years old they are getting worse not better!

Hi Annya, I've read lots of your posts, and your doing so well. It's so frustrating when you want to loose those final few pounds (been there many times) but from what I've read you are one determined lady:) you can do it!

Thank you Vicks. Yes, sadly I have done it myself several times before too, but I am determined this will be THE LAST TIME. I am not geting any younger and it is getting harder each time to lose it, so I am going to do my level best to lose and maintain this time, even it means having a permanent relationship with MFP and Slim Fast :8855:

I have reduced my goal from one to half a pound a week now and any more than that will be a bonus. It was this that broke my month + plateau. I have also accepted that I will have weeks where I don't lose an ounce, but as long as I am not gaining that is fine.

I had my 3.6lb holiday gain which I expected, deserved, and took on the chin - there was no way I was going to spend £1000 of hard earned cash on a holiday and not eat anything apart from salad or have a drink the whole of the time I was there! I am hoping to have shifted the last pound of that this week, then it is back on track to target.

My neighbour has my scales and only lets me use them once a week (she is great at saying no!) as I was getting a tad obsessed about weighing and being a previous ED sufferer I know how dangerous that can be :eek: so I weigh in once a week now and won't know if I have got that last pound off until Friday. I sure hope so, but if not then I will keep on it until that and the other 10 pounds I have to lose go, but this time I am doing it slowly and sensibly which gives me a much better chance of keeping it off for good.

Thank you both for your kind words of encouragement - much appreciated :D

Thank you Vicks. Yes, sadly I have done it myself several times before too, but I am determined this will be THE LAST TIME. I am not geting any younger and it is getting harder each time to lose it, so I am going to do my level best to lose and maintain this time, even it means having a permanent relationship with MFP and Slim Fast :8855:

I have reduced my goal from one to half a pound a week now and any more than that will be a bonus. It was this that broke my month + plateau. I have also accepted that I will have weeks where I don't lose an ounce, but as long as I am not gaining that is fine.

I had my 3.6lb holiday gain which I expected, deserved, and took on the chin - there was no way I was going to spend £1000 of hard earned cash on a holiday and not eat anything apart from salad or have a drink the whole of the time I was there! I am hoping to have shifted the last pound of that this week, then it is back on track to target.

My neighbour has my scales and only lets me use them once a week (she is great at saying no!) as I was getting a tad obsessed about weighing and being a previous ED sufferer I know how dangerous that can be :eek: so I weigh in once a week now and won't know if I have got that last pound off until Friday. I sure hope so, but if not then I will keep on it until that and the other 10 pounds I have to lose go, but this time I am doing it slowly and sensibly which gives me a much better chance of keeping it off for good.

Thank you both for your kind words of encouragement - much appreciated :D

You really inspire me :) I wish I had half of your determination. If I had spent that much on a holiday, I would have eaten and drank what I like. If anyone says different they are telling fibs. I am a size 16 and would be thrilled to get to a 12 or maybe even a 10 :) its only been three days for me, but already feel like I'm changing my life. Good luck and keep up that determination x

Thanks Vicks - if you need some support, just ask, you can pm me for a private whinge any time you like if you prefer not to post publicly! We can do this....... we WILL be that size 10!

OK, tea today is Tesco Light Choices Mushroom Risotto with extra mushrooms and onions added and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on a bed of spinach from the garden - Total calories = 494 and very delicious!

I had birds eye chicken korma breast, chicken savory rice & a salad of lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion & cucumber. Then desert is strawberrys, sharon fruit & 1 apricot all coming in at just under 600 cal :D happy days

2 grilled Richmond skinless sausages, 2 back bacon (fat removed), a egg, one slice WM toast with sauteed mushooms, onion and yellow pepper = 497 calories

MMMM COOKED BREAKFAST!! oops caps. we had turkey and potato curry. about 590 cals. so filling, i couldnt finish it all and im still not hungry from it! x

MMMM COOKED BREAKFAST!!

I allow myself one "healthy" cooked breakfast (although this was actually lunch!) a month. Everything is grilled and the sausages are a mere 66 calories each - and a proper sausage - not one of those low fat rubbish ones! The egg is fried in Frylight, as are the veggies and no spread on the toast.

Well worth every calorie and if you allow yourself these little treats not only do you feel less deprived it also teaches you to make a healthy cooked brekkie too - I can't stand a proper fry up now it just tastes greasy and gross :9529:

Yeah I know what u mean! That's why i think the fakeaways are a good idea! Less cals but still feels like a treat! I am a true bargain
Hunter and like to get as much for money as poss so now I'm seeing what I can get for my cals! I'm still learning though xx

You are doing incredibly well - your head is in the right place and that's the hardest part of the battle won!

Ariba ariba - tonight is Mexican night!

Chicken breast strips dry fried in Al's own mix of herbs and spices with mushroom, onion and green peppers. Two Weight Watchers wraps coated with low fat guacamole and low fat soured cream and chives, add chicken mix, roll up and serve with a whopping side salad of leaves, cucumber and spring onions (and tomatoes for Al - I am allergic).

A throughly yummy 591 calories all in and I can guaranteed you will be STUFFED :D

We had burgers made with turkey mince, red onion garlic parsley salt and pepper and an egg White. Done under the grill. And potato wedges done with fry light and a big salad. Was really really filling! Took a pic, will post on my diary in a bit! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nom nom - I LOVE homemade burgers. TBH I can't face a Maccy D or BK any more - they smell weird and they are well GREASY :(

I've never been into burgers, home made yes, but not takeaway or bought from shop.
I've always had vegi burgers, but trying to stay off bread, but I love vegi cheese burgers yumm

Saturday night is "naughty night". So we are having pork pasanda with oyster mushrooms, red peppers and onion, lemon and corinader couscous and a small peshawri naan - a frightening 812 calories, but I am still under my calorie goal for the day so that's fine.

Saturday night is "naughty night". So we are having pork pasanda with oyster mushrooms, red peppers and onion, lemon and corinader couscous and a small peshawri naan - a frightening 812 calories, but I am still under my calorie goal for the day so that's fine.

i always panic when tea is more than 600 cals but so far ive never gone over my cal limit so its ok :) enjoy! xx

Last edited:
Back