What's going on?

Toots

Gold Member
Why are threads suddenly being merged???

xx

Because theyre all on the same subject? lol

Oh - really confusing when you pop back on to look at something and think you're cracking up!! :confused:

Thanks for explaining

xx

And you do it so well ;)

xx

Me neither!

I've stopped being on top tht threads now, I used to pop on, read them all, write nonsense, read all the diaries, then go on Exante aqnd write nonsense there too! Now, so many people, if I tried to keep on top of it all I would explode! So I just mooch around now, didn't notice merging! :D

It's a good idea to merge them i'm finding it tough keeping up with questions that are being answered elsewhere. it's great that it's busy, even I've seen a difference since christmas time when I started.

That's my first bit of advice for newbies, spend a couple of hours reading everyone elses questions and answers and you'll know as much as we do!

Theres a thread in the stickies of frequently asked questions , might be a good idea for newbies to read that before asking questions as the answer may well be in there

it has a link to the sheet you will recive from s and s with your first order too , and that will have info about allowed veg, additional protein etc

also I believe a link to the nutritional values of the packs

I have recommended that on a couple of threads Phoenix, it's really good information. It's not that I'm being unhelpful, but there is so much info that already exists here. There are some very good questions that come up as well which is really helpful for many people.

It's a great forum and has really helped me.

I totally agree , 99% of the information anyone starting s and s needs is either on here already or on the s and s site
it just makes sense to look for it first doesnt it otherwise the same things get asked over and over :)
I dont mind if people think im being unhelpful lol

People should feel free to ask any questions they want on here. We are supposed to support each other an new people may not know how to use the sites yet. I know I didn't know how to search for things when I first started, and sometimes you would like to know the answer to something specific.

If you don't want to answer a question that has been asked before, just don't answer it. Let someone else answer.

This forum is all about support, not making new people feel guilty for asking questions, they dont know if a question has been asked before.

Kiika said:
People should feel free to ask any questions they want on here. We are supposed to support each other an new people may not know how to use the sites yet. I know I didn't know how to search for things when I first started, and sometimes you would like to know the answer to something specific.

If you don't want to answer a question that has been asked before, just don't answer it. Let someone else answer.

This forum is all about support, not making new people feel guilty for asking questions, they dont know if a question has been asked before.

No one is saying not to ask questions but there were 4 threads posted saying about the macaroni being in stock. We don't in all fairness need 4 different threads saying the same thing all within the space of a few hours

Granted, we may not need 4 threads about the same thing but does it really matter? You don't have to read them if you don't want to.

RaeB said:
As moderator, I think Starlight probably has to read all 4!

Ok, but do the rest of you?

That's our choice, you're quite correct. I must admit that I don't respond to every thread when the question is similar, I just hope that the person asking is also reading the other posts.

I think you feel we're having a dig, but we're not. Just agreeing that it makes sense to be more efficient. That way we reach more people with one post, which will help more people at a time.

The forum will continue to be as supportive as it always has been, especially as we're getting more and more experienced SnSers and other VLCD members on here.

Back