What's happened to Asda's Chickpea Dhal ??? :(

:( So gutted!! Just had this for dinner tonight. I thought it was just a re-branded tin it was in now, but its tastes really different :(

Not nice now IMO, far to spicy & quite different to the older one. I def won't be buying anymore which is a shame as i Loved it for a quick dinner, my two kids loved it to but again its going to be far to spicy!!

Has anyone else noticed??

Daal recipe

3/4 cup of channa daal (this is the yellow lentil you can get.. Its slightly bigger than the red lentils)
1/4 cup of red lentils

You should soak these for an hour or so to help them cook quicker, but you dont have too.

In terms of measurements.. You jus need to make sure that you have 1/4 red lentils to 3/4 quarters channa daal

Bring 4 or 5 cups of water to the boil and add the drained (if you have soaked) lentils.
Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
Chilli powder (to taste) i put in about 1/2 tsp
1 tsp of salt

Then just let it boil away and reduce.. If you have a smasher just mash the lentils when they soften.

You can add some stock (chicken/veg) is fine if you like but i never do.

Once its reduced to a soupy consistency, fry some garlic very slowly and add in to the lentils and add some freshly chopped corriander and voila!

You would normally put in oil to give it some Taste, but i didnt the other day and it was delicious.

Back