• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

whats happened to my TOTM???

kellymundy

Gold Member
S: 20st9.5lb G: 10st0lb
Could well be. It's quite common for this diet to mess with your hormones I'm afraid, I mean before this I was so irregular it wasn't funny, after 2 months on this I'm now as regular as clockwork! Go figure!:silly:

Frejja

Silver Member
Hi Night night, my period went haywire too...apparently it's a common side effect. It' s pretty much back to normal now though so I wouldnt worry too much....(unlss you might be pregnant?)

Ceri

Mines' gone AWOL too!! Not that I'm complaining...I am wondering if water retention could be a problem though as my loses are quite slow. Not even thinking about baking buns though!!!
Ceri

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st1lb(11.42%)
Does the ‘Sole Source’ programme affect the menstrual cycle?
Hormone levels fluctuate when there are changes in weight – particularly in women. For most, the menstrual cycle is not affected, but some women experience increased activity and breakthrough bleeding may occur. Others may find that their periods stop for a while. Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again.

Effects Of The Cambridge Diet

Hope that helps:)

abz

Gold Member
i have a contraceptive implant and don't get them at all. i'm really really hoping that they aren't going to start again as a result. i just can't remember how i coped before!!

abz xx

Well after having a cycle of 28 days without fail for years (don't use contraceptives) I have had 2 in one month and the second one lasted 9 days, instead of the usual 4/5. Small price to pay though for the weight loss (I think) and hopefully it should settle down soon.
x