whats happened to my TOTM???

Could well be. It's quite common for this diet to mess with your hormones I'm afraid, I mean before this I was so irregular it wasn't funny, after 2 months on this I'm now as regular as clockwork! Go figure!:silly:

Hi Night night, my period went haywire too...apparently it's a common side effect. It' s pretty much back to normal now though so I wouldnt worry too much....(unlss you might be pregnant?)

Mines' gone AWOL too!! Not that I'm complaining...I am wondering if water retention could be a problem though as my loses are quite slow. Not even thinking about baking buns though!!!
Ceri

Does the ‘Sole Source’ programme affect the menstrual cycle?
Hormone levels fluctuate when there are changes in weight – particularly in women. For most, the menstrual cycle is not affected, but some women experience increased activity and breakthrough bleeding may occur. Others may find that their periods stop for a while. Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again.

Effects Of The Cambridge Diet

Hope that helps:)

i have a contraceptive implant and don't get them at all. i'm really really hoping that they aren't going to start again as a result. i just can't remember how i coped before!!

abz xx

Well after having a cycle of 28 days without fail for years (don't use contraceptives) I have had 2 in one month and the second one lasted 9 days, instead of the usual 4/5. Small price to pay though for the weight loss (I think) and hopefully it should settle down soon.
x

Back