What's Makes Minimins A Good Place For You To Be?

I came on here because:

a) There's lots of support and there seems to be lots of people on here all the time willing to give it .. that means a lot to me

b) It seems so much more friendly than many other forums! I registered on some and they want to restrict everything you do - in fact, one of them locked me out from every single forum until i paid a subscription! Not very friendly. But this site seems brilliant.

Thank you MiniMins!

i've only been on this site a few days as im starting the cambridge plan next week so i joined for a bit of support and generally more info and advice. this is the best site ever and people are always quick to give you advice to keep you on the straight and narrow if your having a bad day. cant wait to get more involved.

Well Minimins is a good place for me as its giving me structure to my diet and workouts. Its giving me a place to come and share my weight loss journey with people who know where I'm coming from and who understand and will help when you're feeling defeated or just plain down. I know I've only been here a few days but honestly, this place has been the best find for me as its really helping to encourage and motivate me.

Mostly its good for me as it gives me people to talk to. I'm a very lonely person who has low self esteem and not much confidence. I'm always by myself, so I'm really loving being able to come here to talk to you all, you all seem like lovely people and I'm really enjoying getting to chat and I can't wait to get to know you all better.

Thanks Minimins! :flowers:

This site is great for support and friendly advice! No one judges as we're all in the same boat.
It's brilliant to read all the success stories as well, just so I can see that it is possible to lose weight!!
Good luck all x

It's the only place I can find that everyone understands what you are going through because they are all going through the same thing.

They understand that when you say you don't want a cake, you mean you don't want one, not that you want persuading to eat one.

They understand that when you choose to say 'yes' to a cake or piece of chocolate, then you want to eat it - without being told you're on a diet or being looked at like you've commited a crime.

They understand that when you have a bad day, it's hard not to reach for food.

They understand that when you have a good day, it's hard not to reach for food.

And if you do overeat (like we all do from time to time), all you get is support and not criticism.

Tracey

Nobody judges, no matter what you weigh or what you're aiming for everybody is welcome.

Its the first place I ever felt truly supported, and it's by a bunch of strangers. What a unique place to be.

I honestly do not think I'd be where I am today if it wasn't for this place. From the success stories I've read to the support and advice I've recieved xxx

I'm excited and nervous! I havent told many that I am starting this diet. Simply because I wont feel like I'm doing it for myself. I need all the support I can get so coming on here and being amongst others with the same goal - It's uplifitng :)

Its the longest I have stuck to a diet forum and thats because even when you struggling, changing plans, trying to keep sane with all the diet advice it somewhere you can be totally accepted and supported. long may it be free and unjudgemental x

It's all good whether you are at the beginning or end of weight loss for sharing ideas and giving support

I like it cos you can put your weight down without anyone going corrrrrrrrrrrrr you fat b**** or whatever

I have been reading the posts for so long and started slimming world diet recently and thought hey! why not join and have instant buddies who always appear to be willing to guide, not judge, support, understand and be kind and encouraging when its needed most. Thanking you all in anticipation : )

Easy. For me it's because we're all here for the same reason so of the same mind. There is understanding here that you won't get from your friends and family. What I mean is that when I tell people I'm trying to lose weight they nearly always say "oh why? You don't need to lose weight.". Well actually YES I DO! My starting figures were overweight on BMI and obese by body fat %. I have been medically advised to shed some weight too. I know they're only being nice but at least here it's realistic.

I go for days without going onto forums because there's swearing, and so many cranky people. I don't get it? Everyone wants to be inspired by happy, interesting people, why make yourself unlikable? That being said, minmins has too many luv:)ly people to count. That's why I'm here:)

hello everyone. i have just started back on weight watchers and am quite nervous/excited. My first goal is to lose 7 pounds. Then I want to lose another 10, and this will get me to my target weight!
its tricky coming up to Xmas though with all the Xmas parties, but im tryin to not look for excuses just to eat junk!
One problem I have - I eat a lot of crisps! i know i can have quavers but i need to eat like 3 bags a day! any suggestions??? any tips?? I'd love to lose the first 7 pounds by hogmany!!!

Hi all: I'm new here, I lost my wife last year (May 2011) to complications of obesity, she had lost loads of weight, she was only 5 foot 0, she started at 400 pounds and had gotten to 235, She was also diabetic, I had my physical last week and I have a BMI of 30.7 and my A1C was 6.9, I had gone down to 185 from 235 when my wife died, now I'm back to 208, I was surprised to discover that my problem was not over eating but not eating, I usually only eat 1 meal a day, probably 600-800 calories, I had back surgery #10 in July, and after surgery is when I put the weight back on, I work out 3 days a week, but I just don't get hungry until later at night, I was surprised to learn that under eating is just as bad as over eating, I am having problems getting going, does anyone have an answer to help me get a diet plan to restart my metabolism?

Hi all: I'm new here, I lost my wife last year (May 2011) to complications of obesity, she had lost loads of weight, she was only 5 foot 0, she started at 400 pounds and had gotten to 235, She was also diabetic, I had my physical last week and I have a BMI of 30.7 and my A1C was 6.9, I had gone down to 185 from 235 when my wife died, now I'm back to 208, I was surprised to discover that my problem was not over eating but not eating, I usually only eat 1 meal a day, probably 600-800 calories, I had back surgery #10 in July, and after surgery is when I put the weight back on, I work out 3 days a week, but I just don't get hungry until later at night, I was surprised to learn that under eating is just as bad as over eating, I am having problems getting going, does anyone have an answer to help me get a diet plan to restart my metabolism?

Check out the hairy dieters recipes online.
Make wise choices, omelette or a healthy cereal for breakfast, salads/soups/wraps for lunch and filling hearty meals for tea.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back