What's so great about Atkins....

Hi I will watch this thread, only started atkins today so bit early to know what's great, but haven't been hungry all day.

Hi long time lurked 1st time poster (Atkins page!)

I'm on day 10 and just realised when I read your post that I actually haven't had any wind since I started! Cool :))

Ps I've lost 15lbs so far!! Love it :)

Hi long time lurked 1st time poster (Atkins page!)

I'm on day 10 and just realised when I read your post that I actually haven't had any wind since I started! Cool :))

I know! Hate to admit it but I used to be a regular wind bag!! Then I suddenly noticed that I don't anymore, even after cabbage or cauliflower - how cool is that!!!

Yep its unreal! I've dabbled in Atkins previously but this time round the big difference is I've really embraced fat and thrown all limitations out the window!

Seriously..I'm dining on rib eye steaks cooked in oil with garlic butter on top served with homemade egg salad (full fat Mayo) and fried mushrooms!!

Made my sponge cake (SW 1/2 syn sponge) filled with fresh cream and drinking coffee and cream!!

Why oh why was I struggling along counting calories and starving to death (lost 4lb in 5 weeks!) when I coulda been doing this all along!

Not to mention added benefit of glowing skin, energy, ZERO hunger and oh course...NO WIND!!!

Atkins rocks!

For me the absolutely best thing about Atkins is the reduction in cravings- I can never do ww or SW because I can never stop at one biscuit.

Hi just went upstairs to sort myself out before going to the shops. Put hair cream on my face instead of moisturiser........never did that before. Is doing stupid things a side effect of atkins?

The best things about low carb eating are...no constipation for me (odd I know) carbs make me windy and constipated, it has improved my acid indigestion 95% and you lose weight steadily. :) x x

I feel virtuous eating way less processed food and less sugar

hi, i love the fact that it makes my tummy stay flat all day and i dont get hungry... the best thing is my blood sugar levels are now normal yay x

After 4 days best thing is the jeans I put on in the morning don't feel tight by evening, no more opening the top when I sit down to each tv. x

The fact that i eat real yummy food everyday and LOSE weight. Can it get better than that?

Additionally: flat tummy, loads of energy, lower BP, better skin, no nasty cravings/carb monster....

It goes on- life is good:D

I can live a life, I can go out & eat, no counting, no weighing or measuring everything, no obsessing, no cravings, I can enjoy a drink, have dark chocolate & have never been this slim for so long in my adult life!

What ISN'T great about Atkins?! :)

I think the main thing for me is finally feeling in control about food. In the past if I saw something sweet and carby I'd obsess over it until I bought it. I knew it was useless to resist, I would just be thinking about it until I'd eaten it. Being free of uncontrollable thoughts of food is such a blessing. Although I did have one night a couple of weeks ago when I kept thinking about the roast chicken in the fridge, even though I wasn't hungry. Not sure what was going on there! Just nice chicken, maybe? :D

Back