What's the average weekly lb loss on Atkins?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by millux, 27 February 2010 Social URL.

1. millux

millux Slim for Summer!

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    VLCD/TFR
    Is it much? My doc isn't letting me do CD at the moment so I was wondering how they compare since they both deal with ketosis. Please do tell! :) x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Weekly losses depend on how much you weigh at the outset, and on how you as an individual metabolise food, particularly carbs. During the two week Induction period losses can be amazingly high - 10 pounds or more, but they can also be much less, particularly if you have been dieting for some time before starting Atkins. The high initial losses are mostly water, as they are on any diet.

I would think that the average weight loss on Atkins is 1-3 pounds per week. Some lose a lot more, others, less. Sticking to the rules is vital to get the best results.

I love Atkins. All the best if you decide to give it a go.

4. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Millux

Love your avatar!

I'm losing about 3lbs per week at the moment but you can see from my signature I had a whopping star in January. xx

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
  6. Woxywoo

Woxywoo Full Member

Diet:
    my own/healthy eating
    Hi millux,

Last time I did Atkins I averaged about 4lb a week, that was following extended induction for 7 weeks. I have only just started again today so am hoping to do the same this time around!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.