What's the average weekly lb loss on Atkins?

millux

Slim for Summer!
Is it much? My doc isn't letting me do CD at the moment so I was wondering how they compare since they both deal with ketosis. Please do tell! :) x

Weekly losses depend on how much you weigh at the outset, and on how you as an individual metabolise food, particularly carbs. During the two week Induction period losses can be amazingly high - 10 pounds or more, but they can also be much less, particularly if you have been dieting for some time before starting Atkins. The high initial losses are mostly water, as they are on any diet.

I would think that the average weight loss on Atkins is 1-3 pounds per week. Some lose a lot more, others, less. Sticking to the rules is vital to get the best results.

I love Atkins. All the best if you decide to give it a go.

Hi Millux

Love your avatar!

I'm losing about 3lbs per week at the moment but you can see from my signature I had a whopping star in January. xx

Hi millux,

Last time I did Atkins I averaged about 4lb a week, that was following extended induction for 7 weeks. I have only just started again today so am hoping to do the same this time around!!

Back