Whats the best thing to have at an indian??

Tracie Green

Silver Member
i may possibly be ging for an indian on sunday for a birhday, whats the best thing to go for?? i presume having an Extra easy day is a strat??:confused:

Yes have an EE day or a Green Day (pick a vegetable curry).

If you are going to an Indian its best to stick to a curry which has a tomato based sauce. This is usually the chicken bhuna, but check the menu. It will usual say what its with..... "tomato sauce with onions etc....".

Probably best to stay away from Naan Bread but have lots of boiled rice which is free on EE and Green!

If you fancy a poppadom....

Basic/Non Branded Foods Indian Restaurant, Poppadoms, average each each

extraeasy.gif
4 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 4 Syns

Enjoy! :p

good advice, thankyou x x x hopefully we wont go, not that i wouldnt love an indian but really do wanna lose weight x thankyou, im prepared if needs be x

When i go i usually have chicken tikka pieces with raita and salad :) tell them ure on a diet and they will leave out cream and stuff x

Or you can just have tandoori chicken, or plain chicken tikka (NOT masala) and they're free on red & EE. (I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Basic/Non Branded Foods Indian Restaurant, Chicken Tandoori, average portion 340g serving

extraeasy.gif
9 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 9 Syns
green.gif
Green 21 Syns

Shame but sauceless indian chicken isn't free. They use a lot of oil and ghee in their cooking which takes the syns through the roof very quickly.
You can ask them to make it without but most food is prepared earlier in the day.

Chicken Bhuna is 11 syns... the best thing to have is a chicken dhansak which is 6.5, I had one Fri night and it was really tasty, quite sweet but with a very spicy kick

Which of the tomato based ones are least spicy? I used to always have tikka masala, the really bad creamy ones are my type of thing normally as i dont like spice. Thanks

Back