Whats the cost like?

kingflab

I'm tempted to try one of the food-replacement diets, but I'm unsure exactly what the costs are like. I was under the impression the CD is about £35 a week, and the others are about £65 a week - do those costs vary with how many food packs you need to use a week etc?

I can tell you that w8 is £49 per week and that is for 4 meal packs per day.

The good thing about my diet is that you get to add a meal on some programmes and we do Spagetti Bolognaise and Chicken Noodle meal packs if you need something to chew!

I love it and have lost 3 stone in 8 weeks so far!

If you're on 4 packs a day, the approx cost for a week's sole source on the Cambridge Diet is £48.00 - £50.00 (depending on choice of products). Lighter Life is approx £66 per week I think, but that includes a weekly group counselling session.

The best thing to do is contact your nearest VLCD counsellors and ask them what they charge.

Good luck with whatever diet you choose :)

Wow. Ouch. *looks at bank account* Might have to put that idea off until after uni.

Thank you Sharon!

:eek:)

It is expensive but I can honestly say that it's the only thing that's worked for me!

I've heard v good things about all of the VLCDs so it's about finding the best one for you!

Good luck in whatever you decide to do

A x

Hi Kingflab, one thing I found when I did CD properly last time (start again in 3 days!!) was that although I thought it was expensive to lay out that much money at once, I actually saved a lot of money over the time I was on it.

I would suggest that you write down what you spend on food this week - don't just write down shopping bills, but when you're out and buy a coffee/sandwich/drink/chocolate, when you're out for a meal, when you get a takeaway, when you go out for a drink etc, because you'll be doing none of that on a VCLD. I only looked at my weekly shopping, which was about £30 (live on my own) but hadn't considered all the other stuff I bought as well. I couldn't understand why I still had money left in my account at the end of the month lol.

Anyway, it's obviously your decision and you know what you can afford, but I would recommend that you take a note of EVERYTHING you spend on food over a week. If you're like me, you'll be amazed!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and come back and let us know how you get on. :D

Funny thing is, I did just that. I figured I could probably afford it, and then decided to look a bit more into it. Unfortunately the CD website says that they won't provide anything to anybody who only has less than a stone to lose before they're in their healthy BMI range. My healthy BMI range is about 9lbs away so it looks like i'll just have to stick it out the hard way!

i started Celebrity Slim last week, the starter pack is £32, including 14 shakes, 2 'free' soups, a journal, shaker and the instruction book.
The weekly cost from then on is £24 for a box 14 shakes. Its about the same cost for the soups. the bars they have are £2 each ! but saying that half a bar is a snack a full bar is a meal, i personally couldnt eat a full bar as they are sickly.

You replace 2 meals with them and have a healthy meal also

Taste wise i have to say that there isnt a flavour i dont like in the shakes. They have..chocolate, banana, cafe latte, vanilla, strawberry, caramel. usually i dont like stawberry or caramel as they are too sweet but these are fine :)

You can get it from Rowlands pharmacys, there is an option to go in an get weighed every week but its not like Lipotrim where you have to , I just went in spotted it, bought a starter pack and off i went lol
Hope that helps

Last edited:
Funny thing is, I did just that. I figured I could probably afford it, and then decided to look a bit more into it. Unfortunately the CD website says that they won't provide anything to anybody who only has less than a stone to lose before they're in their healthy BMI range. My healthy BMI range is about 9lbs away so it looks like i'll just have to stick it out the hard way!

Put a few big stones in your pocket before your first weigh-in! :p

Lipotrim is £36 per week and you can do that through any participating pharmacy.

i pay £35 a week for my ss cd diet pack which is 3 shakes a day but the price did go up but my cdc didn't charge me the extra. my cdc is really nice, i rang a couple prior to going with her but i didn't feel right with the ones i rang first. maybe if you are thinking about food replacement you should get a cdc round to have a chat about the products and price after all that part is free!! good luck:)

Back