Whats the most hurtful thing anyone has said regarding your weight?

It is unfathomable to me how people can be this mean. All of us here know that one of the worst parts of being overweight is the way it affects your sense of self-worth, imagine seeing a fat person and thinking "ooh, I'd better show them." Absolutely disgusting.

Reading this thread has utterly amazed me.

Argh! Phone posted before I finished!

People can be so mean and horrible but in the face of adversity we are all pursuing our goals - for US, not those losers who think it's acceptable to mask their own insecurities by highlighting others' x

I'm not in slimming world but this thread helped me feel like "Phew! I'm not the only one!"

Like a lot of us here I get comments regularly enough from people but the ones that stick with me the most are ones that happen on nights out because often they ruin my night out after I've been looking forward to it for ages. Bouncers telling me I must just look young because I've got "fat cheeks"... Lads in bars and clubs mooing as I walk by or doing the "beep beeep... " noise for trunks or buses backing up... I had a lad grip me by the shoulder and sing into my ear "You're such a whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale"... Btw when I go to pubs or clubs I dress well and flattering. I don't wear anything to "stand out" so I'm NOT drawing them onto me...

On a night out this past December, we decided to go to a local hotel/nightclub. I'm not the most confident person in that kind of setting. In my own local, where I know the people, and they know me, fine, but with a bunch of strangers, I'm not comfortable. I was stood near the bar, sipping my drink when some guy came up to me, poked me in the tummy a few times (not hard, just drawing attention) and grinned the most evil, nasty grin...he also sang some sort of a song, which I can't exactly recall right now, as he was grinning and poking.
I turned around with a smile on my face as if he were my best friend, leaned in real close and whispered in his ear...

"Get your fcuking fingers away from me now, or I'll break them, right before I split you a header, you @ssh0le!!!"

He removed himself pretty quickly.

Oh mate thats terrible, well you have shown them! well done God I really can't believe that so many people have had moments like this!

If there's another family funeral (hers I'm hoping) I'm gonna walk into the room head held high, and say f you!!
I will not be beaten by her nasty comments again x

You need to practise a couple of things hun.

1) sing back 'you're such a priiiiiccccckkk to anyone who sings that whale thing at you again

2) whenever a group of lads start being nasty, look them all up & down with a look on your face that makes them fully aware that they are lower than excrement on your shoes, laugh to yourself, and walk away.

Remember, if you want to, you can change your size, they are stuck with their personalities.

And regardless of what you wear, there is no excuse:

Awh thanks :) Your response made me smile!!! When that happened I told the only other girl out in my group (a friend's gf) and she said "Aw that was rude... But you know if the weight bothers you you just need to eat less and move more. "................................ WAGON OF INFINITE WISDOM

I usually give the look of death as a standard response :D But the "Whale Guy" as I like to call him, as he tried to run away - I punched him in the back with full force (I was so shocked, my brain cut out).

Once a group of guys starting in on me when in the smoking area (I don't smoke now) - and I actually said to the main guy "I' can lose weight when I want but you'll always be a prick... Pick on the fat girl - you must be so proud." I was so drunk at the time - I'D NEVER HAVE THE BALLS to even try to talk back normally. I must try harder!!!!!

I turned around with a smile on my face as if he were my best friend, leaned in real close and whispered in his ear...

"Get your fcuking fingers away from me now, or I'll break them, right before I split you a header, you @ssh0le!!!"

He removed himself pretty quickly.

HERO! xxxxx HAHAHA! I'm gonna let my inner lioness out! Coz those asses NEED to be kicked!

Teenagers don't bother me. They're just children trying to be adults. If I get comments I just ask them if they're mummy knows they're out after dark.

My boss once said out of all the women in our building I was the one at the vending machine most and it was nice to see a girl with a healthy appetite. He was thinking he was being nice but it did make me realise my 'occasional' treats were actually every day.

i have also had many comments abt my weight alot from family some from 'friends' im always called the 'bubbly one'!!
one eveing that sticks in my mind was being out with some friends(all of them slim), a group of guys were in the club we were in, one paticular crettin was clearly taking the p*** outta me... i'd been watching him and could clearly see what he was doing, so i walked up to him slapped him round the face, took his mates beer off him which i pour over the said critten whist shouting my mouth off abt how dare he judge me on how i look he doesnt know me etc etc only for the music to turn off and 3 bouncers come running over to 'remove' me from the club.... we went to other bars that nyt and at the end of the evening i saw the bloke, who apoligised for being such a t***, we chatted and have been together for 17 yrs lol. my advice would be to always have ago back, my hubby never comments on how i look, other than to say i look beautiful lol x

On a camping trip two years ago, I went to the unisex toilet block thing, pulled a door handle and it came off in my hand. A couple of blokes saw and laughed, I laughed too, it was pretty funny. Went into another loo and heard one of them say to another "was that your girlfriend?" and he replied "f**k no, I wouldn't touch something like that" they all laughed and walked away. Made me feel awful :(

*hug*

Assholes. They probably have teeny weeny weenies.

Ive had Quite a few pregnant comments but the one that hurt most was when we had been trying for a baby for 2 yrs with no success very upsetting

i have also had many comments abt my weight alot from family some from 'friends' im always called the 'bubbly one'!!
one eveing that sticks in my mind was being out with some friends(all of them slim), a group of guys were in the club we were in, one paticular crettin was clearly taking the p*** outta me... i'd been watching him and could clearly see what he was doing, so i walked up to him slapped him round the face, took his mates beer off him which i pour over the said critten whist shouting my mouth off abt how dare he judge me on how i look he doesnt know me etc etc only for the music to turn off and 3 bouncers come running over to 'remove' me from the club.... we went to other bars that nyt and at the end of the evening i saw the bloke, who apoligised for being such a t***, we chatted and have been together for 17 yrs lol. my advice would be to always have ago back, my hubby never comments on how i look, other than to say i look beautiful lol x
Omg! Thats an amazing story lol x

Two summers ago, I went away with my girl mates to Kos, Greece. I was around the same size as my starting weight now and was dreading it as it was. The swimming costumes, the serious heat meaning I couldnt get away with tights and long sleeved tops. all my friends were much smaller and got a lot of attention. I didnt want any attention and would dress as appropriately (and comfortably for myself as poss).
Whilst at a bar I was ordering a drink and over heard a guy talking to his mates about the girls at the bar. "what about her, the one with the undercut?" (me) "the fat one? Nah mate, I wouldnt touch her with a 10ft barge pole."
That same night I was in a horrible mood and had grabbed some chips on the way home, to comfort myself after this comment. My friends had pulled elsewhere so I was walking alone.
A group of guys tried to call me over to them and were clearly trying to wind up one of their mates by trying to set me up with him. I just kept walking and me ignoring them caused them to yell at me the whole way down the road "as if anyone would want you anyway you fat *****", "you probably shouldnt have bought those chips love" " Look I can see her legs rubbing together haha"

That haunts me and since then I will not go on a holiday abroad til Im smaller. I started slimming world when a friend (well used to be before this) and I were reacquainted at a festival this summer. He kept on about how much weight I had put on and I explained that I planned on doing something about it once I got back frmo the fest (genuinely was but there is no point before a festival!) and he turned round and said " well at the end of the day you shouldnt have eaten all the pies should you?" It wasnt banter it was pure evil. Since this Ive been on this and hope to prove him and others wrong this festival season

Seriously, what a group of R-Soles! I hope your friends who you went away with were ashamed the next morning for letting you walk home alone especially in a foreign place; one things for sure when I'm out with the girls; we always stick together or at least make sure that there's someone with you, if one person wants to go home then they go with someone else.... you sound like such a lovely person and I hope now that you've lost the weight and indeed when you get to target that you bump into these idiots and they see how stupid they've been!

Keep it up :) you've done so well, just a shame that you had to be hurt so much to get into the zone :( *hugs*

I got bullied as a child for my weight, just the normal "fatty" comments all the time, in secondary school it turned to "fat *****" college and uni I was eccentric and over the top, the stereotype of the 'jolly chubby girl' so I was left alone.... plus I was a computer geek so we were all social rejects :)

After uni I went into teaching and I now work in special needs. A load of our pupils are autistic and they TELL you to your face if you look like you've put weight on :D what's shocking at first actually becomes useful because our kids are painfully honest ;)

Not to be reccomended but WOW!!! thanks for sharing mate.

Mandy, I'm so sorry to hear your grandmother can get to you so much pet. Looking at your weight loss, it seems like you are having the last laugh. My story is pretty similar. As offensive as my dad can be to me, he is constantly telling me my boys are too thin. I have a 5 year old and he is very slightly underweight, but he eats good, healthy, nourishing food (similar to your kids) and eats to his own appetite. He is extremely active too, and quite tall, so looks thinner than he is. My parents are constantly asking if he is eating enough, should I take him to the doctor, is it normal. And then in the same breath telling me i'm enormous!!!

I could have written this :( xxx

I went in a shop ,a little while ago, where an idiot ex of mine works. I was all polite and nice and his words were " You've put on weight haven't you?"
What a twithead. Instead of responding aggressively I replied "Yes I have," Then left the shop and went home and got upset. Gave myself a pat on the back later for keeping calm in front of him though!

I think I would have replied "And you are STILL a waste of space"...

This one is weird. I was at a bus stop and a man I do not know waggled his finger and me and tutted at me for.....eating an apple! Not chips/crisps/chocolate ..no. A calorie laden apple!!!! Guess I should have had chips instead then. I do not appreciate men I do not know telling how I should do anything so that went down really well with me (not!). Men! Grrrr Can live with 'em, can't bury them under the patio (why not?)

This one is weird. I was at a bus stop and a man I do not know waggled his finger and me and tutted at me for.....eating an apple! Not chips/crisps/chocolate ..no. A calorie laden apple!!!! Guess I should have had chips instead then. I do not appreciate men I do not know telling how I should do anything so that went down really well with me (not!). Men! Grrrr Can live with 'em, can't bury them under the patio (why not?)

My hubby sat watching me do an excercise dvd last night telling me i was doing excercises wrong here so angry i told him to shut the f**k up cos i was doin my best

When I was at my largest, I was enjoying a lovely walk one Summer evening, and a car of blokes drove past slowly and shouted "Fat bitch" at me. I was mortified, as was my OH. It happened at least 3 times, too, all on the same stretch of road over a period of a few months, and what was more worrying was it was a different group of tossers every time.

Back