Whats the most hurtful thing anyone has said regarding your weight?

Eugh. What awful people! But just think, you are 6 and a half stone lighter and all they are is a little closer to death ;) more power to people who can change who/what they are!

On a camping trip two years ago, I went to the unisex toilet block thing, pulled a door handle and it came off in my hand. A couple of blokes saw and laughed, I laughed too, it was pretty funny. Went into another loo and heard one of them say to another "was that your girlfriend?" and he replied "f**k no, I wouldn't touch something like that" they all laughed and walked away. Made me feel awful :(

Some men are hurtful!! Women can be just as bad. People need to think before they speak. ;) x

I've had so much abuse, and so many looks over the years it'd be impossible to keep track. And you know what? I don't try. Firstly these people that say such things can only gain confidence by dragging someone else down, like Emsie said it is there issue. Next, if someone punched you in the face, when they've done it would you grab their arm and use it to keep beating yourself around the head? No, of course not. Don't allow yourself to do it with their words. Honestly there has been so many occasions I could draw on but I have let them all go. Best thing is although my grandad never said anything to me about my weight, when I lost a good chunk he sent a chunk of money down to me to buy some new clothes :D he loves to hear how I've gotten on at my weigh ins. I chose to embrace the support I get from people and discard any hurtful or damaging comments because if I didn't I'd be letting them to continue to damage me.

I don't mean it to sound preachy! It's just been the best thing I've done and reading all your stories and how many of them still upset you now saddens me. They hurt you in an instant and it sometimes seems we then use their words to keep hurting ourselves.

Gosh there are some awful stories here, i feel so sorry for everyone who has had to experience that!! I got verbally tortured on a train to glasgow for a night out by being called "michelle mc manus" and "whale" in not the nicest of contexts!! I was mortified and took me all i had in me not break down and cry in front of them!!! People like that are small and narrow minded!! Inconsiderate and sad!! They just dont think that for a few moments of hilarity to show off in front of freinds it could do years of damage to someones life!! Lets all hope these horrible people never have anything go wrong in there lifes to be humiliated and belittled!! Its something i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy!! I guess that shows i am a better person than they could ever be!! Good luck to everyone continuing on there amazing weight loss journeys!! You are all wonderful and dont ever forget that!!! Xxx

I wish I could forget but being constantly reminded makes it hard. I've litetrally just logged onto my personal blog to a comment from someone saying I look 50 stone.
Ergh

I wish I could forget but being constantly reminded makes it hard. I've litetrally just logged onto my personal blog to a comment from someone saying I look 50 stone.
Ergh

Sod them my bumper sticker on my old car .....i may be fat but your ugly and i can diet :D hope that cheers ya up xxx it makes me smile

On a camping trip two years ago, I went to the unisex toilet block thing, pulled a door handle and it came off in my hand. A couple of blokes saw and laughed, I laughed too, it was pretty funny. Went into another loo and heard one of them say to another "was that your girlfriend?" and he replied "f**k no, I wouldn't touch something like that" they all laughed and walked away. Made me feel awful :(

On behalf of my half of the gene pool can I apologise that's a despicable thing to say, sorry! :(

My real father hasn't really been around all my life, we text about 5 times a year. Well, the last time I seen him, was, oo about 4 years ago. I went to visit him in hospital. And in our first conversation he told me, loud enough for the rest of the ward to hear, o'oh you could be a really attractive young girl if you lost some weight'.

That hurt...

On behalf of my half of the gene pool can I apologise that's a despicable thing to say, sorry! :([/QUOTE
You apologise for something that someone else has said, you shouldn't need to!! Although that's a true gentleman, good luck with your weight loss journey hun ;) x

i remember a few years ago a few of us from work decided to do the race for life. My boss at the time had got a new fella and by no means was he small. But as we were waiting to start the race he said "bloody hell love i know that you said you had some big girls working for you but these are off the scale, and they are all wearing pink haha shows them up for the fat pigs they are !"another time we were dressing up for the xmas party (i used to work at a nursery) and we had always dressed up as mrs claus this year however at the pre xmas meeting he declared this year we would all be dressing up as xmas puddings as that was the only shape the staff could get away with and hopefully it would make some of us get off our lard arses in the new year and do something about it!

needless to say i dont work there anymore

what a complete tw*t!! How on earth people like that manage to get in a relationship I will never know! Maybe it says something about the boss if she is prepared to listen to that drivel all the time!

i've had loads

one that sticks in my mind....nearly 6 years ago- at my nan's funeral....the wake afterwards, i was with my younger brother- he needed me as support so i was there with him all day. we were sitting in the back room, where the food was. i cant remember whether i was eating or not- i'm pretty sure i wasn't. My auntie's husband walked in and said "*****, save some food for us Tanya" and shooting me a snotty look.

Niall (my bro) was eating- I wasn't.....I walked out, fuming.

I've had guys in a gym make fun of me- I lost about 2 1/2 stone and I was using a free gym pass i got from the NHS- a group of guys looked at me and a friend as we were leaving and one said "fat people should be shot"

another time- I lost about 4 stone, I was still about 18 1/2 stone- a gang of lads were hanging around on a street corner, one threw a burger at my face and said "eat that you fat pig you must be hungry". I was carrying a carrier bag of fruit after getting slimmer of the week for the 4th week running.....i still felt horrendous....

There are many like that- the final straw for me to lose weight was I was in uni- and I had to sit at the front because of my poor eyesight. the entrance of the room is at the back so i went in, wandered to the front (i was struggling to walk at this point) and some students at the back of the room started making "oinking" noises, jeering and calling me names....I left and just wept on the bus- that was my rock bottom

being 23 stone, i got a lot of schtick......funnily enough at 12 stone i still get it- i'm tall, and people can't differentiate between "tall and average weight" and "fat"....but that's because they're dim ;)

Some of these posts make me want to move to a desert island so I don't have to encounter these pricks EVER.

People are HORRIBLE

Some people are horrible. Others aren't at all horrible, and those are the people worth befriending. I know a woman who's in her forties, and she's very overweight..who says..."I can't wait to be skinny, so that I can make fun of all the fat b@st@rds". I think Karma's way of dealing with that, is she's not lost one pound.

I know a woman who's in her forties, and she's very overweight..who says..."I can't wait to be skinny, so that I can make fun of all the fat b@st@rds". I think Karma's way of dealing with that, is she's not lost one pound.

What a moron... She's clearly got no empathy.

Some people are so cruel the worse i've ever had to deal with was the usual school taunts the normal one being thunder thighs. Oh and my nan telling me I'd be so pretty if i lost weight. I used to get upset by the comments made but looking back now they make great motivation to not only lose the weight but to keep it off I'll never be called names like that again!

The most hurtful was from my son, it was his birthday last year and we were going shopping. As we walked through New Look I said jokingly "Oh you can use your birthday money to buy me some clothes" and he said unthinkingly "There's nothing here that would fit you, it's for young skinny people". I know he didn't mean it in a nasty way and he did me a favor because that comment made me lose weight and I got my revenge by dragging him around the New Look boxing day sales and he helped me buy new "skinny" clothes.
A teenage girl blocked my way once and called me a fat cow. Teenagers at work once called me a fat pig. Reading some of these comments on here though, I'm just shocked at how cruel and awful people can be.

Back