Whats the one thing you thought you couldnt give up ?

Great thread Deb,
Mine like you is tea with milk, dont even think about it now. oh & chinese food, used to have one most saturdays, just shows we can all go without these foods, if we want to bad enough!!!!

Sharon.xx

Chinese duck & ginger from the takeaway on a Friday night.
Miss it lots but still divulge occasionally, just too good to give up.

Cous Cous and chicken pieces with a big glass of dandelion and burdock pop!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steak sandwiches, fried onions and ketchup!!!!!!

How sad I know!!! But I dont really have cravings anymore, and If I do its for normal stuff like beans on toast!!!!

erm...I'm still at the craving everything stage although it is pretty much all savoury foods. Cheese goes without saying....

Tell me it gets easier!!!???? :eek:

Hi

it does! :) I had really bad cravings last week, which was my week 2, but have had none this week at all so far!!

Deb x

Oops... great thread, its really interesting to see what people are missing the most :) .

Sorry to those that have accidentally started any cravings off by asking what you miss the most. :eek: :)

Deb x

Wine. I couldn't fathom a Friday night without at least a bottle of wine being drunk maybe even more! Starbucks - I used to love a grande latte (full fat) and skinny lemon poppyseed muffin. When I first started on the diet, I said, when I am in maintenance I will have a Grande Latte and muffin once a week on a Friday. Not in maintenance yet but now I realise I can live without the muffin (they are kinda dry and rubbery!) and the lattes I have replaced with Grande Black Americano which I love - so much that there is no need to go back to lattes.

They are the main 2 things, those fixes - the coffee fix in the morning and the booze fix in the evening, particularly the weekend - I will go back to drinking occasionally but now it takes a glass or 2 not a bottle or 2, and to maintain that "lightweightness" I will keep it to once or twice a week. And if I can't keep it to that, well, maybe I have to consider whether I should be drinking at all.

I never thought I could live without milk in tea, curry and chinese = oh and cheese and bread!
I now drink black coffee with a sweetner and won't go back to milk.

I've since found out, since being on this diet, that I have a dairy intolerance - so no milk for me!! lol I don't even miss it now ... isn't it weird how our taste change???
And any cravings I've had have been for healthy foods not the crap I used to eat.

Much love, chelle xx

Now I've read the other posts I have the confidence to say

Red wine!

I'm still looking forward to a glass whenever I get back to normal food!:eek:

Back