whats wrong with me

tsweety81

i wait til lunchtime yest just having water so that i could start on exante straight away.i did so well but then my oh brought home some chicken which he never does and i just cudnt resist having it witha rice salad i made and then a mini feast ice cream and later two toast and jam.i desp want to do this even today i started again had shake for breakfast then an hour later had toast and jam with cup of tea.i dnt knw if it just cos its a habit that we have or if im just a big failure.why cant i control myself.im still gonna stick at it and just hope the weight comes off even if it very slowly.my sister who is 3 stone lighter than me is now doin celebrity slim which make me feel even worse as i have alot more weight to lose wud be good if we lived near to each other instead of devon and wales as im sure i wud make more of an effort.any advice wud be great.cheers xxxx :cry:

You are very normal! For some it takes a few days to do it 100%, not everyone can just go into it straight away. You can try having 4 exante products for the first few days, see it that helps at least until you are in ketosis :) (only one bar though)

Keep trying, it will click

Just stick with it hun, you'll stop picking at food eventually!
I started exante last october and kept doing it for a few days and falling off the wagon completely, this time things seem to be going well, dunno what happened but I'm sticking to it. x

I'm on day 3 of 100%. I am so so so tempted to eat food but i realise my health is more important that satisfying a craving i guess. x

Hi tsweety, try to keep yourself busy with anything to distract you from food, go for a walk, have a bath, brush your teeth or play a game on the arcade section anything to keep your mind off food. How about making a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight & when you feel like you want to eat just get it out & read it. At the moment I'm hiding in my bedroom on the laptop whilst OH makes kids lunches lol!! Anything to stop myself being tempted x

((((tsweety81)))) Now come on. Toast and jam and icecream made you the weight you are to want to diet. Have you got some supportive friends who can keep you going? Also, you can count on us to be your friends! We are here 24/7.

xx

Your in no way a "big failure" that fact that you tried again the very next day says your not.
It's not easy, just keep trying everyday and one day you'll crack it :) xx

Have you read the Beck book I have seen a lot of folk on here raving about it.... seems to be helping a lot with suggestions about how to change your habits and "destructive patterns" I haven't seen it but it might be worth a look if you haven't already..... there's a whole thread about it on the Exante forum.... please don't give up - tomorrow is another day :)

Hi there

The first day is the hardest. Just getting your head around not eating is so tough. But give it one day. One day. Plan it so that it's a day when you are away from kids and busy busy. And then have a really early night. And tell Your husband you don't want him to bring home chicken. Mine does the same. I go on a diet and he starts buying me muffins and chocolate. I fed mine to the kids earlier this week. It's like he's afraid the status quo will change and he sabotages my efforts... Course then when I do break the diet he comments on my inability to stick with it.....

But he's great really. Was great for hugs and help today so i shouldn't complain..

Anyhow. This diet is not about one day. It's about changing your habits for life. So if you want to perhaps you could simply start a low cal diet for a while supplementing the odd meal with a bar or sachet and then gradually ease yourself onto it. That way you could have the chicken etc guilt free.

And every diet has it's rules but you have to make it your own.. Make it work for you. Work out a way to make the diet fit into your life and routine

Take care and best of luck

Bellerine

i wait til lunchtime yest just having water so that i could start on exante straight away.i did so well but then my oh brought home some chicken which he never does and i just cudnt resist having it witha rice salad i made and then a mini feast ice cream and later two toast and jam.i desp want to do this even today i started again had shake for breakfast then an hour later had toast and jam with cup of tea.i dnt knw if it just cos its a habit that we have or if im just a big failure.why cant i control myself.im still gonna stick at it and just hope the weight comes off even if it very slowly.my sister who is 3 stone lighter than me is now doin celebrity slim which make me feel even worse as i have alot more weight to lose wud be good if we lived near to each other instead of devon and wales as im sure i wud make more of an effort.any advice wud be great.cheers xxxx :cry:

I live in Cardiff too, I tried to send you a private message but failed. Let me know if you want to get in touch? GSQ

You are doing really well chick...you keep trying and start again each day therefore not giving up. If you really need to eat, try sticking to protein only until you get into ketosis and that should help you get through the worst of it. There is loads of support on here for you and it often keeps my mind off eating!!

Try starting a diary in the diary forum, it helps loads of us get through some tough times!!

Good luck and stay strong...you can do this!!..xxx

Thanks for all your lovely messgaes of support it is just what i need.iam starting TS today even tho hubby was a bit dubious bout me only eating the 3 packs a day but i said they wouldnt be allowed to sell things like this and LT if it was safe.i used to be on reductil a tablet that increases your metabolism and reduces your apetite but they dont allow it any more due to increased risk of stroke so im sure that these diets must have to be assesed that they are safe and not at risk to our health.....

Anywaz im determined to start today.im sure that once ive done it for a cpl weeks my craving will go.i did the dukan diet which is a high protein diet and i did find that the craving went.i just have to not give in to those urges and think about what i really want which is to get out of these plus size clothes. so good luck to me and everyone who is on this same journey:gen126:

Great to see you so positive this morning!!!

I'd assume that if this was medically dangerous they'd be stopped. Cambridge has been going years!

Thanks for all your lovely messgaes of support it is just what i need.iam starting TS today even tho hubby was a bit dubious bout me only eating the 3 packs a day but i said they wouldnt be allowed to sell things like this and LT if it was safe.i used to be on reductil a tablet that increases your metabolism and reduces your apetite but they dont allow it any more due to increased risk of stroke so im sure that these diets must have to be assesed that they are safe and not at risk to our health.....

Anywaz im determined to start today.im sure that once ive done it for a cpl weeks my craving will go.i did the dukan diet which is a high protein diet and i did find that the craving went.i just have to not give in to those urges and think about what i really want which is to get out of these plus size clothes. so good luck to me and everyone who is on this same journey:gen126:

WELL DONE! It really does get easier and it works.
GSQ

Back